PDA

View Full Version : Would rather worry about anything than this

daisycake
15-09-09, 21:27
I'm so so scared that there's something wrong with my mam. I've been on chat tonight but didnt know if I should ask for help again because I did last night. My mum's got a sore on her neck, possibly a mole, it's red and itchy and I'm scared that she's got the dreaded C, so scared, I know it's anxiety I think but I'm so worried, I keep crying and having horrible thoughts and images in my mind; I hate myself for this, she has the doc on wed but I won't be able to cope til then. Please help.

daisycake
15-09-09, 21:51
I'm so scared she'll be taken away from me and then I'll have noone :weep: I don't know what to do :weep: got no-one to talk to

nomorepanic
15-09-09, 22:07
Moles can be treated quite easily nowadays and removed.

Don't jump to conclusions until you get the results.

barbn
15-09-09, 22:11
HI!! My mom had skin cancer....in fact she didn't even tell me until after she had everything removed - she knew I would go crazy with worry! She is just fine now....she had a few cancerous spots removed, including a mole - it was simple and pretty painless. Again, she is just fine now.....no more skin cancer. She has to be very carefull out in the sun though - uses LOTS of sun screen! I know it is hard - but try not to worry!!!! ;-)

annie pannie
15-09-09, 23:06
Hi Daisycake

You sound like you feel very alone but the good news is there are lots of peole on here to support you. The anxiety about someone else's health is as powerful as anxiety about our own, if not more. As Nicola says, try not to jump to conclusions - i have been there myself with tests for possible thyroid cancer last year and now worrying about my partner but am beginning to learn that being so anxious will not help the one you love. Try and spend some girlie time with your Mum over the next few days and it will relax you both - does she know how you feel and how is she coping with it? Thinking of you. Annie x x

hulk
16-09-09, 16:36
HI!! My mom had skin cancer....in fact she didn't even tell me until after she had everything removed - she knew I would go crazy with worry! She is just fine now....she had a few cancerous spots removed, including a mole - it was simple and pretty painless. Again, she is just fine now.....no more skin cancer. She has to be very carefull out in the sun though - uses LOTS of sun screen! I know it is hard - but try not to worry!!!! ;-)
Same here. My mum got it as well and she got it removed, all without telling me at all. It came up in a conversation one time and I was like, wow, I didn't even know that. She is more careful in the sun nowerdays (although, she used to be careful anyway :S)