PDA

View Full Version : driving

sandlin
15-09-09, 23:51
Can anyone give me tips on how to cope when driving to work in the early morning ie 6.30. I end to panic because i feel that there is no one around to help me if i panic-not that i would approach anyone anyway but you know how our mind works- totally illogical. I am aware that thinking about it makes it worse but need stuff to help me take my mind to somewhere else.

Thanks

mumof4
16-09-09, 13:15
when i drive and i feel panic the thing i do which helps me is put on some music and sing along to it u will start to take ur mind of panic.

im sure some others will give u more advice.

nineteen
16-09-09, 14:02
i wind my windows right down and put music on, and i really try n concentrate on the road and if im stuck at lights, i really look at the things around me n take in my surroundings it seems to work

good luck with this one, ule b fine :D xxx

sandlin
16-09-09, 22:26
thanks xxx

kathee
16-09-09, 22:53
my tip that i use when i have to drop my hubby off at work at 5.am .... tuck your mobile phone into your bra - you will be able to feel it there - knowing you can if you need to pull to the side of the road to call for help, i have never needed to do this but just knowing my phone is there right to hand is enough (weird I know lol) wonder what one of my mates would actually do if i rang them at 5am ...hmmmm (maybe i will add samaratins to my contacts- just in case ) also the singing at the top of your voice thingie works wonders too, or i play my grandchildren's story tapes and re visit the stories of my childhood.... that is fun :-)

take care
kath
x

nomorepanic
16-09-09, 22:58
Look on the coping website page for my tips