PDA

View Full Version : i need some help :(

poppy.lilly89
16-09-09, 00:42
Hello everyone.
Im glad i have stumbled across this site.
I need some help im 20 years old and am suffering from bad social phobia.
i have been very sick lately which resulted in horrible diareah for months and having to go to bed at 3pm.
Now i am ll better but this problem still haunts me.
At around 3 o clocl everyday i worry about becoming sick again. Even when i feel fine i dread the afternoons.
I have been prescribed citalopram 10mg for 2 weeks and i am on day 2 and i feel more anxious.
Can someone please help me i feel so lonely

sue.b
16-09-09, 19:27
Hi Poppy :welcome:

I have never taken citaloropram but i am on another ssri - sertraline. For me the strongest side effect was an increase in anxiety which i think is pretty common for antidepressants. The side effects usually go after around 2 weeks.

If you look through the web site i am sure there will be lots of post about your meds.

The main menu on the left hand side has lots of good info.

There are also lots of supportive people on NMP, you are not alone.

Take care

Sue

diane07
16-09-09, 20:19
A huge warm welcome to nmp

you'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xx

Carla louise
16-09-09, 21:56
Hi Poppy, Welcome to nmp. The increased anxiety is perfectly normal and will settle down soon. I know it can feel lonely and scary but there are always people to talk to on here who will help you. I was on 10mg for about 6 weeks, then took 15mg for a week and tonight have taken the plunge and took 20mg.Your doctor has wisely started you on a low dose and you will be ok, try and do something you enjoy in the afternoon to take your mind off worrying. PM me if you need an ear X

Veronica H
16-09-09, 23:54
:welcome: Poppy. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica