PDA

View Full Version : Twinge in my side scaring me.

TalkingHead
16-09-09, 13:53
Hi,I have a medical condition called Intercranial Hypertension that is pretty bad but can usually cope well with by taking a drug called Diamox,only thing is one of the side effects is you could get kidney stones with prolonged use.

Anyway I have been taking these for awhile and at the weekend I woke up and my right side of my back was hurting just under the ribs,I then spent all weekend in horrendous pain and was even thinking of going to A+E which would have freaked me out as I hate hospitals,but decided to just keep taking painkillers and drinking water like a fish....on Sunday I think I passed a stone as the pain eased off alot.

Went to the doctors on Monday and he gave me some antibiotics,trouble is I woke up this morning and now my left side is sore and I feel really ill.
I`m scared that I now have kidney stones in the left kidney as well and with it being in both kidneys that they might be damaged.:ohmy:
Is it possible to get stones in both kidneys at the same time as I`ve only ever heard of it being in one side at a time?