PDA

View Full Version : Glands behind ears...

pd
16-09-09, 14:35
I have a pea sized hard lump behind my left ear. It's sore, I know I'm making it worse by poking at it, I'm pretty sure it's a gland, logic tells me it's nothing serious, but I'm sure you can guess what I'm thinking even though I have no reason to at all... If I look in the mirror and kinda pull my ear out of the way I can see it, like a little swelling.

*poke* Now I know it's there I can't leave it alone :(

barbn
16-09-09, 14:46
OMG - the first time this happened to me I freaked out!! I couldn't believe that something that hard could be a gland - I thought for sure it was something serious! I get the same thing every so often - about the size of a pea, either right behind or just below my ear and it is super hard, feels like bone - and it's just a swollen gland - it goes away after a fews days (well, sometimes mine lasted about a week....). I guess there are a ton of glands in that area.....

bellabessnjet
16-09-09, 14:55
My hairdresser noticed a lump behind my right ear over a year ago, it wasn't painful, went to Drs he said it was a lymph node (I think) but nothing to worry about. Since then noticed it does get bigger and more painful the more stressed I am. Hope that helps.

PanicOver!!
16-09-09, 15:13
Hi

I have a small lymph node behind both ears had them for years. again i have been told they are nothing to worry about

sb001f8994
16-09-09, 15:22
Hi,
My mum marched me off to the doctors when I was about 9 with a pea sized lump behind my right ear. It was nothing to worry about and 30 odd years later it comes and goes, mostly just before an illness. It appeared three weeks ago and was really sore...it's never been that sore before and a few days later I was full of cold and felt awful, as soon as the cold came out the lump went down again!
Take care,
Carol

meg86
16-09-09, 16:14
I have those to! i have a small hard one behind my left ear and one on the otherside a bit lower pea sized that you could see, i have just checked it actually and that one seems to have dissapeared! it was there for ages though, i went to my doctor and he said it was nothing to worry about i have a few pea shapes glands, they are very scary when you find them but most people have them, my mum does and my OH they just havnt noticed them before until i pointed them out, anxious people tend to look and notice things like this xx