PDA

View Full Version : Looking for reassurrance

mel07
16-09-09, 17:24
Hi I am just about to qualify as a mental health nurse. I have been offered a job which I am delighted about, However at the medical yesterday they said they need a G.P report because I suffer from anxiety. The more I think about this the more annoyed I get, I have had anxiety for years worked all my life, never had any time of with it and just completed a university course. I have now got really anxious about the whole thing and keep thinking il not not now get the job because of my anxiety. Has anyone had similar experiences and am I just worrying over nothing.

Mel.x

valleybear
16-09-09, 17:41
I was a psychiatric nurse for years and my anxiety was acknowledged but no big issue made of it. I do not think they can take away the offer of a job on these grounds. Maybe they just want to check the sickness record (how many times you have been off work ill with the anxiety). They are allowed to do this but since you have always worked it shouldn't be a problem Sorry can't be of more help, but hope things work out for you Mel. XXX

mila
16-09-09, 17:45
Hi Mel,
that sounds so annoying, you are right. I am sorry, i haven't been in that situation, but i just wanted to say that i think it will all be alright :hugs: Is it your own GP they need the report from? It just seems very unfair to even ask for something like that in the first place :nonono: !!! But i am sure this won't affect your job offer, hang in there, it will be ok :hugs:

mel07
16-09-09, 17:50
Thankyou for your reply Mhairi, i did tell them I had no time of work through anxiety i just kinda feel they dont believe me and wonder if my problem was physical would they look into it quite so much. Thanks again.

Mel. x

mel07
16-09-09, 17:55
Thanks Millie, Yes its my own GP who is on holiday for two weeks. Youve just summed up how I feel, I too just feel its unfair. I do feel better though and a little less paranoid.

Thankyou Mel.x