PDA

View Full Version : blood test resuts

mila
16-09-09, 18:04
Hi,
well last week i had some blood tests done, some blood counts and thyroid function. so i decided today to try and call , see if they're in. i thought if i phone and they are normal i may feel a bit less panicked about this lightheaded feeling that has been driving me mad. when i phoned the receptionist said like this results normal and no action required and results acceptable no action required. the line wasn't the best, so the conversation finished before i realised i wanna know what does this acceptable means!!! i wasn't even sure at that moment if she just said the same thing different way twice, or she gave me those for two sets of results, again in that case i have no idea which one's fbc and which one's thyroid. So now i can't stop thinking what is this acceptable, what does it really mean, not quite normal but acceptable?? or is that just the sort of language they use for one of the tests maybe? but why wouldn't they say normal for both if they were normal?? i was even gonna call back and ask but i felt so stupid. I am just fed up with myself... anyone ever heard "acceptable" results before lol? :blush: to mean normal i mean lol

Gazman
16-09-09, 19:25
i've recently had my thyroid tested and my levels were all "acceptable" except my testosterone which was low at the time but later found it was fine as it varys through the day.

Thyroid tests many levels of things in your blood and they all have a range from low to normal / acceptable or high.

If there was something wrong they would have said so, so relax knowing everything is ok :)

pinktart2009
16-09-09, 19:39
if ther was anything wrong mila, you would also have had a letter from the docs, so dont worry, if they said alls fine, they mean it,..best wishes to you.

daniela
16-09-09, 21:00
Why don't you ask her to mail you a copy of the results.

mila
16-09-09, 22:04
Thanks, guys!!! i am seeing the doctor soon so i may ask about it, but thanks for easing my crazy mind :-)

Panic33
16-09-09, 22:30
I had my bloods done last week - rang to get results - receptionist told me I have to see GP to get. I asked her was there a problem with them, she said no they just don't give over the phone. I'm worried sick now cause I know people who are at different GPs than what I go have had them over the phone.

Gazman
16-09-09, 22:59
try not to worry, my gp service is almost the same, the receptionists aren't qualified to give u the results so u must either wait for the nurse to phone you or book in to see the doc.

Panic33
16-09-09, 23:02
try not to worry, my gp service is almost the same, the receptionists aren't qualified to give u the results so u must either wait for the nurse to phone you or book in to see the doc.

Thank you for your response - I was thinking the worse and she just didn't want to tell me the bad news. I'm sure it standard procedure at my GPs but suffering with anxiety it didn't help.

Gazman
16-09-09, 23:23
i know, 1st time i phoned my doctors for results they were back in just 1 day instead of the week i was told to wait, the receptionist said yes mr.... Your results are back and i'm going to have to get the nurse to phone you. So naturally i was shocked and didn't even ask why she couldn't tell me, then the anxiety set in and had to wait a couple of hours for the nurse, who then told me they were fine but the receptionist can't tell me as she's not qualified and legal reasons etc, the bloods were back quick because they weren't that busy the day before lol

nomorepanic
16-09-09, 23:45
Ok I have monthly blood tests cos of my illness and the drugs I am on.

I never call for the results but when I see the doc she tells me if there is anything that concerns here but by then she has already contacted my consultant and he is aware.

They keep an eye on things but one high reading does not mean anything serious so please don't worry.

So many things effect blood tests - even like drinking alcohol the night before or being a bit dehydrated!

Panic33
17-09-09, 19:14
Been to the docs - all (FBC, thyroid, liver, glucose etc) tests fine. Does turn out that only a GP or nurse can give blood test results at my surgery.