PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex

Sweep1
25-10-05, 11:26
Hi, need some advice regarding cipralex. I've been taking 10mg a day now for 4 weeks for anxiety and mild depression (bought on by anxiety) Thankfully the sickness and dizziness have now worn off but I don't feel any better yet, in fact my anxiety this past week or so has gone through the roof and my sleep has got much worse. Am I expecting too much, too soon? should I be feeling any effects yet? any advice very welcome

Sweep1

seh1980
25-10-05, 17:00
hi Sweep,

I think you need to give it a little longer. I started feeling the benefits after 6-8 weeks. Give it afew more weeks..

Sarah :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Sweep1
26-10-05, 09:27
Thanks for your reply Sarah - I'll keep at it. Is it normal for the anxiety to get worse before it gets better, its esp bad in the morning.

Sweep1

Meg
26-10-05, 09:53
yes it is normal for it to get worse before improving.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

ANXIETY26
26-10-05, 14:13
Hi Sweep,

I have just started taking Cipramil. The initial side effetcs can be horrible but stick in there. You will find that after about 6-8 weeks that you will begin to see the full benefits.

Keep at it!

Paul

Sweep1
27-10-05, 09:16
Thank you for your responses. I guess it took me so long to decide to take medication that I expected too much, too soon .[Duh!]

Can I ask how it does make you feel once the full effects are felt, I can't begin to imagine a time when I don't feel so physically awful and miserable. I'm amost afraid I won't recognise feeling normal when it happens - if that makes sense.

Sweep1

Meg
27-10-05, 13:50
It'll creep up on you and then you'll start to realize things are not as worrysome.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

mazz
29-10-05, 10:19
hi iam on cipralex too this is my 4th week and nothing to report . iwas told 6 /8 weeks too so iam sticking in there .hopefully in a few more weeks i can post a good reply x

Sweep1
31-10-05, 12:33
Mazz - let me know how you get on, it'd be nice to know how someone else at the same stage on the same medication is getting on.

Take care

Sweep1

mjh74
01-11-05, 11:51
As Meg has mentioned here, the relief creeps up on you and before you realise it. I've been on Cipralex for about 8 months now, starting at 5mg and working up to 20mg. It definitely took a good 8 weeks to kick in and I had very bad anxiety with it at the start. Now I feel a lot better and am back at work and leading a pretty normal life. Before starting the Cipralex I'd become agrophobic and sometimes couldn't get out of bed in a morning as my panic attacks and anxiety were so bad.

Mark

Sweep1
01-11-05, 12:01
Mark - can I ask at what stage you upped from 10mg to 20mg and did you notice a difference from the increase?

Thanks

Sweep1