PDA

View Full Version : Worry worry worry

countrygirl
17-09-09, 18:32
I moved house a month ago and it was most stressful thing I have ever done - I have alot of back problems with herniated discs and of course moving house meant huge physical as well as mental stress. I was already having alot of back and leg pain which I put down to the above but on Sunday I got out of bed and whenever I stand up and walk I am getting a burning pain very low down in my abdomen or even very top of pubic bone can't tell exactly where on right hand side - if I sit down it goes away and I can forget it until i get up and walk again. As I also have pain in my back on that side and tingling sensations in my pubic bone and round groin and my leg muscles are twitching I thought it must be from my back trouble. I saw a chiropractor who tested my hip and said not hip so probably back. BUT a couple of months ago I was diagnosed with large ovarian cyst on that side - I was very thoroughly tested with abdominal and pelvic mri and blood test to make sure the cyst was benign and it is and I will be monitered every three months to make sure it doens't grow or change.
So you can imagine I am worrying this pain on walking is from the cyst which has got gigantic!!!!!!!!
I had my bowels checked out a year ago with colonsocopy and I am sure the mri of abdomen and pelvis 6 weeks ago would have shown up anything nasty.
I have had to change Drs as new area and this is so scary as I had good relationship with old ones who knew my severe health anxiety.
This is really silly I know but for first time in my life I have no money worries and a lovely big house and this has just made me worry even more that something nasty will happen - does anyone else understand this????
I am off to see new Dr tomorrow about this pain but hate having to explain all my back history of spine and gyny things.

PanicOver!!
17-09-09, 18:36
Hi dont know if this will be of any help but i used to play a bit of rugby and it sounds like a groin strain i had a sort of burning/stabbing pain to one side of pubic area

kittykat
17-09-09, 18:47
Hi,

I have very similar problems to you with my back also have arthritis in it as well, i also get the pain at my pubic bone and it really is painful and makes it hard to walk, i dont get this all the time but it does come and go , just try to rest a bit more, i am positive that it comes from the back problem as i have no ovarian cyst, hope that this helps you a bit and try not to worry xx

marfen
17-09-09, 22:11
I totally understand. Whenever I'm having a good spell I'm afraid to enjoy it because I'm waiting for something bad to happen!

I posted something before because I was panicking over similiar symptoms, such as the tingling sensations. Reading what you've said, it does sound like it's your back. Sciatica can apparently cause these sensations, (yes I googled :blush:)

I'm pretty certain mine is coming from my back too and I'm going to try and see my osteopath on Sunday. You know what it's like though. No matter how hard you try to convince yourself it's probably nothing there's always that other voice in your head!!