PDA

View Full Version : general anxiety

jen68
17-09-09, 22:32
hello i am looking forward to talking to you all about my anxiety and ha hoping for some good tips to help beat this once and for all have been on a,d,s for a long time and i really want to have a normal life and not worry all the time but for me i relly want to feel like a normal person.

daisymaisy
17-09-09, 22:45
Hi

Welcome to NMP. You will find lots of advice on here as well as lovely people willing to help and support you.
daisymaisy x:welcome:

blackthorn
18-09-09, 17:15
Hi to all new comers ,i am new here too,i' d love to be able to help some of you ,if only to show you your not alone with whatever it is that pains you.fROM THIS SITE I HAVE LEARNT I AM NOT THE OLNY ONE WHO FEELS THEY CAN'T SWOLLOW,TILL NOW I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD .I WANT SO BADLY TO BREAK FREE,OTHER SITES HAVE SIMPLY SAID I SHOULD GO SEE MY DOCTOR.FOR ME THAT WOULD BE A LAST RESORT AS I HAVE NEVER SPOCKEN OUT ABOUT MY PROBLEM BEFORE,I JUST NEED TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE LIKE.I FEEL REALLY ALONE,WON'T GO OUT IN CASE IT INVOLVES EATING AROUND PEOPLE(THAT'S WHEN IT'S WORSE),I USED TO BE SO OUT GOING AND HAPPY,NOTHING SCARED ME,NOW I'M A SHADOW OF MYSELF.I HATE WHAT I'VE BECOME.MY NAME IS ANN.I'M 44,MARRIED WITH 2 TEENAGERS AND WORK FROM HOME FOR MY HUSBAND SO I DON'T HAVE PANIC TO TRY AND EAT.I HAVE ALSO BEEN DIABETIC FOR OVER 25 YEARS.SORRY TO GO ON BUT MAYBE MY PROBLEMS ARE WORSE THEN YOUR AND MY STORY HELPS YOU TO FEEL A LITTLE BETTER ABOUT YOUR-SELFS.I SHOULD JUST MENTION,I'M ALSO NEW TO LAP TOPS AND THIS SORT OF COMUNICATION.BYE FOR NOW,HOPE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE SOON

Veronica H
18-09-09, 19:53
:welcome: Welcome to NMP Jen and Blackthorn.This is a supportive place with great advice. There is a brilliant book by a fellow sufferer Dr Claire Weekes called 'Self Help For Your Nerves'. This is available from the NMP shop and I can't recommend it enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and shows how we can recover. Glad that you have both found us.

Veronica

Maj
18-09-09, 20:32
Hi,

You are a normal person!! Just a normal person with anxiety!! I agree with Veronica about the Claire Weekes book. It was like a bible to me. I wrote particular things down that helped me and carried them about with me to read if I felt a bit panicky at work, etc. (read it in the office toilet when I was in middle of panic attacks!!) You will get help from it so much, I assure you. I've had my book for 20 years and wouldn't part with it. Please buy it.
Take care
Myra:hugs:

marchant
19-09-09, 16:02
Hi,

You are a normal person!! Just a normal person with anxiety!! I agree with Veronica about the Claire Weekes book. It was like a bible to me. I wrote particular things down that helped me and carried them about with me to read if I felt a bit panicky at work, etc. (read it in the office toilet when I was in middle of panic attacks!!) You will get help from it so much, I assure you. I've had my book for 20 years and wouldn't part with it. Please buy it.
Take care
Myra:hugs:

Hi

I agree - I have had mine for 30 years or so, now ageing. I use it like a bible, the books are in print and still available, my new copy has many passages underlined - for reading during difficult periods.
Claire Weekes died in 1990, although her books are still available and in print. [Dr Claire Hazel Weekes (1903–1990)]

Take care

Steve :)

PanicOver!!
19-09-09, 16:47
Hi Jen

You certainly are not alone im sure you will find comfort and friendship here i know i have

Best wishes x

Tangerine Man
19-09-09, 22:23
Hi Jen,

Welcome to NMP. You are not alone we are all in the same or a similar boat connected by little wires of love and support from our keyboards to our screens.

Best wishes