PDA

View Full Version : x ray tomorrow...

pd
17-09-09, 23:46
I'm getting a (third) x ray done on my wrist tomorrow...

I'm scared, not because of the x ray, but because the doctor I saw the other day told me that worst case scenario would mean an operation on my wrist. Now that scares the crap out of me. I don't think I could go through with it, I'd be so scared about not waking up from the anesthetic. I'd rather just live the rest of my life with a weak/painful wrist than have to worry about dying during the operation. :mad:

Anxious_gal
18-09-09, 01:50
I have the same fear even though I have had 3 minor operations.
I need my wisdom teeth taken out and I am terrified but if i don't get them removed I could end up needing a bigger surgery and lots of dentist work.
but your jumping the gun!!!!
it's just an x ray,
but i know since your like me you have to plan ahead even for things that may not happen.
try to stay in the now, no point worrying about what may happen until you get your results.
easier said than done.........
anyways I know you will be ok tomrrow and good luck with the xray.
try and stay postive :-)

pd
18-09-09, 14:20
Thanks for replying... the x ray wasn't scary at all, but now it's a two week wait to see a consultant who's going to tell me whether or not he's going to graft something onto something else... or... something lol.

Maj
19-09-09, 09:27
I work in a hospital. It is remarkable how people recover so quickly after an anaesthetic. Most people come back from theatre starving, desperate for a cup of tea and something to eat!! Anyone having an operation will have a talk from the anaesthetist before going to theatre. They will reassure you that anaesthetics are very safe in this day and age and if you are really anxious you can be given something to help calm you. Please try not to worry. Not everyone needs an operation anyway. Sometimes time heals. Hope this is the case with you!
Myra:yesyes: :yesyes: