PDA

View Full Version : skin problems

mazz
25-10-05, 18:32
hi iam just wondering if anyone has suffered from psoriosis . In the first part of this year my skin was covered in the stuff all over my body . i tryed creams and lotions with no joy. My doctor said it was because i was stressed which i do understand. But since ive had a bout of really bad anxiety and panic attacks my skin has cleared up? Its almost like a reverse reaction . So iam wondering has my stress been suppressed inside ,so my skin flared ?

clickaway
25-10-05, 19:45
I have found that physical symptoms can chop and change.

I had ezcema for a while, but now only lurks in the background, whilst other things have flared up instead.

Cheers,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Gareth
26-10-05, 14:32
Hi Mazz

I have had mild psoriasis since I was 12 years old. All I get is a couple of patches on the fronts on my lower legs.

I do think psoriasis is linked to stress as mine has got worse when I am stressed but I think the main thing that helps it is sunshine. Whenever I have gone away for a sunny holiday, its been much better when I have got back.

Funnily enough since my anxiety started in March of this year, it has probably been better than it has for a long time... so your theory of your anxiety coming out in your skin might be true...

Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

mazz
26-10-05, 17:36
thanks for the replys gareth i do relly think its conected in some way . thanks again mazz x