PDA

View Full Version : Can a tension headache cause me to have really sore temples ?

sarah jayne
18-09-09, 09:09
Hi, as you may be aware ive been suffering from a headache for 5 weeks now. After numerous visits to the doctors and advice from lovely people on here ive finally started to accept that its a tension headache. Ive been relaxing as much as possible and when ive started to worry and feel a panic attack coming on ive done something to destract myself, since ive been doing this it hasnt been as intense. Whats really bothering me though is that my left temple is very painful, if i touch it i get a shooting pain and my headache gets alot worse. Can tension headaches cause this or is it more likely to be sinusitis or something like that ? My doctor thought it was my sinuses when i started with the headache and i had antibiotics and a nose spray but then the pain moved to the back and sides of my head so he thought it was a tension headache. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Sarah x

debs180
18-09-09, 13:11
Hi Sarah, yesterday i had a very severe headache, probably one of the worse ones i have ever had, it totally disabled me for the day, today its gone but both my temples are very tender, and as you said when you touch them u get a shooting pain, i have exactly the same, infact my headache is actually starting to come back cuz i cant stop pressing my temples!!! Debs xx

lindzanne
18-09-09, 20:25
I think the temples are one of the primary places a tension headache goes! My doctor has told me to imagine a tight band around your head, like from your temples to the same spot on the back of your head, often radiating down to your neck too. It hurts! Hope you are feeling better.