PDA

View Full Version : Left hand side pains

pigtailplaits
18-09-09, 09:54
Hi

I have been having headaches on the left hand side for a few week now. They stay on the left hand side which is what is worrying me. If the ache was all over I wouldnt be as worried but it is consistent in its location. Also, the last 4 days I have noticed total weakness in the left hand side of my body. The only way I can describe it is like growing pains in my leg and arm- or like I have slept on this side all night without moving (but I havent) I am due to give birth in 3 weeks but my midwife said the headaches etc are not related to my pregnancy. I do suffer anxiety particularly over brain tumors. I had a ct scan 18mts ago but this new symptom is really knocking me back, I dont know what to do. I just want to look forward to my baby coming and not fearing the worst. My baby is lying posterier(back to back) could this be doing anything to my leg and arm??

debs180
18-09-09, 13:07
Hey there, have you mentioned all these new symptoms to your midwife at all?? She may be able to shed some light on it for you. It could very well be your pregnancy that is causing these sensations.
But i too get a weakness down my left side especially when my anxiety levels are high, and of course i worry about tumors (because of the headaches that go with it) and then because its my left side i worry about my heart etc, but as my anxiety wears down abit so do my feelings, so for me im guessing its just my anxiety. But like i said it may be a good idea to mention to your gp or midwife so you can stop the worrying before your baby is born. Take care, Debs. xx

choccychompa
18-09-09, 13:15
Both my babies were posterior and this can mean that they are laying on neves in your back. I'm sure that's what it is. My first daughter turned in labour, but my second didn't and was born facing the front. Ouch!! You're more likely to have a 'back ache' labour if they're posterior too. I know it's hard, but try to relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :hugs: