PDA

View Full Version : omg!

tashbarnes87
18-09-09, 10:34
OK so as you know im having major anxiety this week. I am having a constant twitching / buzzing knee. I just googled ( i know) and someone was saying how they get a buzzing knee when they straighten their leg or put pressure on it which is exactly what i have had all week ( still no let up) i felt good that someone else had it and then BAM i realised i was on an MS page of a medical website feeel so so scared & sick its been 5 days now! It has to be something bad :(

ladybird64
18-09-09, 11:15
Tash you said you went to the doc yesterday and he has given you some ideas of how to try and tackle your anxiety.

Googling isn't going to help at all but you already know that so you have got to try and stop doing it hun..you must be getting mentally exhausted with all the worry about your symptoms.
No, I don't think it has to be anything bad..it may well be just one of those weird things that we all get from time to time!
I know it is easy for me to say as I don't suffer from HA but I'm sure you know yourself that is making you feel worse. Just out of curiosity (:winks: ) I googled a wrist pain that I have had for a few weeks..OMG!:scared15:
There should be a law against sites like the one I found but as there isn't do yourself the biggest favour. Concentrate on what your doc has advised and try and make a start on breaking the googling habit.

:bighug1:

LisaLisa
18-09-09, 11:21
OK so as you know im having major anxiety this week. I am having a constant twitching / buzzing knee. I just googled ( i know) and someone was saying how they get a buzzing knee when they straighten their leg or put pressure on it which is exactly what i have had all week ( still no let up) i felt good that someone else had it and then BAM i realised i was on an MS page of a medical website feeel so so scared & sick its been 5 days now! It has to be something bad :(

Tash, you know what , a person with ms could also have anxiety symtoms.....the buzzing knee i have had and lots of people on here speak of buzzing limbs lol! Its something and nothing......other wise so many healthy people would not have it!! My foot was buzzing last night......i actually like the feeling!

STOP GOOGLING!!!! you dont need it and it DOES NOT help......it is an obsessive complusive behaviour that fuels HA big time!!!! Thats you told off hun....!!! Now you turn to tell me !!

Lisa
xxxx:hugs:

jellybean43
18-09-09, 11:46
Tash sweetie please please stop googling.
As you know I suffer from HA but after having CBT last year I have FORCED myself to stop the touching, prodding, poking, googling cycle that I was in. I can honestly say I am sooo much better. Not totally cured but a good 75% on the road to recovery.
Have you asked your GP to refer you for CBT???
Also, i think i did say have you thought it may all be linked to a touch of post natal anxiety which i told you i had after the birth of my son some 23 years ago.
If you need me I am always on facebook hun and you can always send me an email.
You will be tiring yourself out with worry. I am 100% sure it is anxiety and defo not MS xx

choccychompa
18-09-09, 13:52
I agree; try to stop Googling. I have heart HA and whils looking for symptoms of anaemia (which I genuinely think I have and am not scared of, so didn't have any anxiety about) I came upon a page of symptoms. However, just as I was about to navigate away from the page WHAM! There was a link at the side that said something like "Women are missing the classic symptoms of heart attack." :wall:

I had a massive surge of adrenaline and started shaking. My husband read it for me and said it was just something about women being less likely to call an ambulance if they're having a heart attack, but the point is it scared me massively as it seemed to 'jump out at me' because of my heart HA :weep:

So even 'innocent' googling can cause panic! Gah!

barbn
18-09-09, 14:10
I had to stop Googling too - it was making me sick. This is what I told myself, if I have a symptom and it stays for more than a two week period I would call and ask me GP if I should be seen. If I hadn't of stopped I would have myslef dead in the grave again....we don't want to live like that!!

Tash, I know it is hard - and we can tell you all day long you don't have MS - you have to find a way to believe it too! We are here for you!!!

Cell block H fan
18-09-09, 14:51
Dont google! If I googled the symptom ive had this week, I would be worrying like mad. What I would fail to realise is, if I really had what mr Google said, it wouldn't come & go! Especially when I started worrying about something else!
If you focus on anything enough, it will be exagerated! Ive learnt that much over the years the hard way lol x

tashbarnes87
18-09-09, 16:15
thank you all i know i sound like a broken record its just cos its been 5 days & its the one thing i prayed never happened. Im so sorry for going on all the time x

rebeccad
18-09-09, 16:21
hi tash dont worry about posting on here if it helps post away lol, what did the doc say about the twitching?

tashbarnes87
18-09-09, 16:23
He just said it was anxiety, he was brilliant but he wanted to tackle the anxiety not the symptoms so im still v v scared just sick with worry. This sounds insane but i want to stay sat down all the time as when i stand the buzzing gets worse & i get that sick feeling

rebeccad
18-09-09, 16:26
its horrible isnt it, when i think all mine started with a twitching finger, i wish wish wish i did not google it and then i dont think i would be where i was now. Bring back my twitching finger is all i say, i wish that was all i have to worry about lol. At least you know he wasnt concerned. Did you tell all of your worries with ms/als etc..?

tashbarnes87
18-09-09, 17:27
yeah he asked me why i worried about it and i just said because i googled and i then realised that i had done all this to myself. You mentioned in your other posts about a 'tingling' foot. I have had that today its no where nears pins & needles but i am very aware of it. Its on the same leg that im twitching so im doubly scared. Do you think its a 'good' thing that it only twitches when my leg is straight or when i put -pressure on it, if i was to keep my leg curled up to my chest or cross legged it doesnt do it grrr sorry! xx

rebeccad
18-09-09, 17:46
i actually think it my be a trapped nerve or something, i say this because my hubbie once suffered severe sciatica and had to have mri scan and then an epidural. When he had his leg in 1 position he had no pain or tingling it was only when he had it in certain positions. when he tucked his legs up to his chest in bed he couldnt feel it. You have been so so stressed lately its no wonder. Im not going to say stop worrying because you wont, have you taken any ibuprofen? its an anti inflammitary so it should help.