PDA

View Full Version : Feeling low since assesment yesterday

bellabessnjet
18-09-09, 12:01
Hi all,
Any advice, went for a 1st assesment to see what therapies I need. Appointment was 9:30am got there 5mins early filled in forms and didn't get seen till 10:50ish. At time didn't bother but about 10:25am she started winding up session saying she always runs late and next appointment due at 10:30. I now feel all low and down like my problems weren't as important, I also didn't know I bad I was nearly every question was the highest number, and I'm a priority case. Feel really low, and down sort of un-emotional (if that makes sense) I want to cry but feel numb. Anyone else experienced similar or any advice, Just want someone to end it for me, a car when I'm crossing road etc, Not brave enough to end it myself! Ha another thing I'm cr*p at.

diane07
18-09-09, 12:52
Aww hun,

I'm sorry you feel so down, i can understand how you feel when docs rush us and make us feel unimportant, sometimes we can feel worse than before we went in.

Remember you are important, please don't let anyone make you feel any other way.

I certainly hope the next time you go, that you are given more time, and do remember that we are also here to help as much as we can.

best wishes

di xx

magpie girl
18-09-09, 13:05
hi after i had my assesment,i felt sort of deflated:weep: :weep: I was told i needed 3 types of therapy and counciling.So far ive started the therapy as i was a priority case and i have to say its been very helpful.The councilling starts in 8 weeks but during the assesment he kept looking at his watch and ifelt like i was taking up his time,like my problems were not bad enough:weep: :weep: :weep: I felt terrible after the assesment like i was a waste of space,i spoke to the therapist the next day and she is going to arrange for me to see a diffrent councillor.Dont give up the therapy will really help you:yesyes: :yesyes:

meg86
18-09-09, 13:42
Hello :)

Dont feel down hearted the good news is that you will soon start your therapy and you will be on the road to recovery.

I felt awful though after my first assessment to :(

I have had anxiety for 2 years and its spiralling out of control never been this bad, i went to my assessment and i had to fill in a questionnaire when i get nervous my eyes go all fuzzy and i cant think and i couldnt see the paper properly and filled all my questions in wrong, i put low for high answers and vice versa, the worst thing is not many people know i have it i always have a huge smile on my face and make massive effort with my appearance as i feel that if i look ok on the outside people will think im ok on the inside, and the therapist woman said she didnt even think i had anxiety by just sitting and talking to me i seem very calm and pleasant.

So she probably thinks im a fraud and will turn me down :( i always get the same thing whenever i go to the doctors they say you look like a happy person you will get over it on your own!!

I have even considered doing something very drastic like shaving my head to get some attention.

I need help!!!!!!! :weep:

sarah jayne
18-09-09, 13:53
I know exactly how you feel, your not on your own..xxx

bellabessnjet
18-09-09, 14:42
Thanks everyone,
Glad to know I'm not going even more weird. I knew I wouldn't get help immediately but I feel sooo down. Its weekend and I normally look forward to family time but just want to go to bed and stay there, I'm sick of snapping at them and then apologising, its never ending. Oh well I suppose its the each day at a time cliche. Has anyone else noticed how easy it is to support/give advice to other people and yet yourself!

Kabuki
18-09-09, 15:09
Hi Bella, try not to take the doctor's behaviour personally. You need to remember that the doc is also only human and probably was just tired and stressed out as well. I'm sure that he didn't mean it. Everyone has days where they don't treat people well at work (and we have to remember that it is work for them). One time I was so mad at a sales person in a store I went to because he was so rude. I later found out from a person who knew him that his wife had left him the day before.

bellabessnjet
18-09-09, 16:19
Yeah I know what you mean, dont get me wrong the Dr was really nice and understanding, but i felt she didnt know where to put me. She said I could probably do with 3/4 diff therapy and which 1 did I want to try? But how can I choose I didnt realise how depressed and anxious Id become! She did bend a few rules and get me on a beating the blues course in a few weeks whilst I wait for CBT. I dont really have a problem with her, its how I feel about me (if that makes sense)! Everytime I get a glimmer of hope I daren't get optomistic cause I know it will come crashing back down! Happy little thing aren't I? lol Just having a bad day and yesterday didn't help as much as I thought it would, although I knew it was only a 1st assesment.

krog
18-09-09, 18:00
Hi there,

Dont let the people who are supposedly treating you, get you down.
My experience is somewhat similar and I always felt worse after my treatment !
For me the realisation that my particular therapist was not really interested was when I noticed him falling to sleep during our session !!

My problems may have been mundane and boring for him to listen to, but he could have at least had the courtesy to stay awake !

Stick with it. Listen, and I mean really listen to the advice that you are given, and start to help yourself a little more. You will find that over time you are stronger than you actually think and with that realisation begins the steady journey towards getting better :)

Good luck and take care,
krog.