PDA

View Full Version : On going headache

anx mum
18-09-09, 13:43
My headache has been on going now for 5 weeks its driving me mad:ohmy: tried various painkillers, accuncture, really dont know what 2 do. Its mainly located on left side but has been back of head and had a stiff neck this is really getting me down any advice:weep:

nanny
18-09-09, 15:10
Hi
Sounds like pure tension to me.
I had a headache like that and it lasted weeks, drove me mad went to doctors who said take pain killers and if i had a stiff neck or shoulders to use a heat pad. I did have a very stiff shoulder and took her advice. After 3 days of using the pads the headache had gone.

It's worth a try, you can get them from chemists and most supermarkets.
Good Luck, thinking of you because there is nothing worse than having a constant headache!!!:blush:

anx mum
18-09-09, 17:31
Thank u whats a heat pad did it work? Really im at my wits end

nanny
19-09-09, 13:26
Hi again
A heat pad is just a little white pad that sticks to your neck or shoulder it releases heat and you really can feel the warmth. It's comfy to wear and the heat will get into your muscles and release all the tension.
They aren't very dear to buy, i think its around about £4 or £5 for a box of 3.
Do try them they really do help:)

anx mum
19-09-09, 14:25
bought a heatpad thing today u warm it up called nexcare u heard of that?

nanny
20-09-09, 14:41
Hi
Sounds like the same sort of thing, as long as it heats up and there is warmth it should do the trick.
Let me know if it's helped, will be keeping fingers crossed for you that the dreaded headache goes.:)

anx mum
20-09-09, 14:49
hi hun heads been really bad today just bought some tigerbalm really dont know what else 2 try really getting me down now been 6 weeks now suppose 2 b bk at work 2moz. Hows u?

nanny
20-09-09, 15:13
Hi
Oh i do feel for you i really do, I have headaches daily but now and again i get them for weeks so know exactly how you are feeling. They really do get you down big time.
Have you been to docs with them, she/he may be able to give you something other than over the counter tablets, have they ruled migrain out?
sometimes paracetomol/codine can help when taken regularly.
Wish i could wave a magic wand and get rid of it for you.
:hugs:

TalkingHead
20-09-09, 16:02
Said it before and will keep on doing so:
Codeine is bad for headaches as it gives you rebound headaches ESPECIALLY if taken regularly.

nanny
20-09-09, 16:36
Thats what my doctor gives me for headaches, perhaps thats why they never seem to go then!!!

anx mum
20-09-09, 16:39
why do docs give u them then?

marfen
20-09-09, 17:00
I suffer with a tight neck and I was always getting tension headaches from that. I ended up going to see an osteopath and my headaches have definitely reduced. Even if you don't want to go to an osteopath, perhaps treating yourself to a head and neck massage might help. :winks:

randomworry
20-09-09, 17:38
i agree codeine should not be taken as it is addictive..........i only learnt this recently.