PDA

View Full Version : ladies only

Cell block H fan
18-09-09, 14:23
Not being sexist, but you guys really wont have experienced what I'm on about! :D
Ladies, have you ever had a weird feeling, that all I can describe is like you feel like you have a prolapse or something??? Or almost like if you have had a particulaly frenzied session the night before, it feels like your pelvic floor aches & is bruised?! Or you've been kicked between the legs & its bruised!

Was talking to someone in pm who recognised it when they had I.B.S so I know its not unheard of. But its sooo annoying! A constant ache down there. Its been going on a week & its annoying enough to send you crazy!
Its not painful, just like a pressure, heavy feeling type ache. I wake up in the morning & its not there, but as the day goes on it gets worse.
Ive had it before over the years & it seems to last a week or so each time.
Can I be soooo tense that I'm tensing the pelvic muscles? Thats almost what it feels like?

nanny
18-09-09, 15:13
Hi There

I haven't much to contribute but i have had that feeeling a couple of times.
I never done anything about it and it just went, never knew what the cause was but as nothing happened through it i don't worry now.

I do however think it's worth getting checked out if it continues.
sorry not much help.

Cell block H fan
18-09-09, 17:11
Hi There

I haven't much to contribute but i have had that feeeling a couple of times.
I never done anything about it and it just went, never knew what the cause was but as nothing happened through it i don't worry now.

I do however think it's worth getting checked out if it continues.
sorry not much help.

I despise going to the doctors, I mean reeeeally depise it! But I know there will come a time when I have no choice & that I have to go. This could be it, but I will give it a few more days. Its reassuring me that its not there in the mornings & most probably creeps on during the day because i'm thinking about it. Much the same as everything ive suffered with over the years :lac:

SueBee
18-09-09, 17:17
Could it be a slight bladder infection? I get this quite often and the pain/discomfort you describe is identical to how it makes me feel. Also, it might be possible that you're not drinking enough water so your urine gets more concentrated as the day goes on, causing the pain to get worse.

Just an alternative thought :)

Wee-Mee
18-09-09, 17:20
I think I know what you're on about here. Does it feel sometimes like a swelling almost along with the soreness and that you (without getting to graphic) feel wider or something down there and have the feeling you need to pee but its sore?

That sort of what I have had in thepast and I too have Ibs xxx

Cell block H fan
18-09-09, 17:21
Could it be a slight bladder infection? I get this quite often and the pain/discomfort you describe is identical to how it makes me feel. Also, it might be possible that you're not drinking enough water so your urine gets more concentrated as the day goes on, causing the pain to get worse.

Just an alternative thought :)

Funny you should say that but last saturday when it started, I thought I had Cystitis. The lower abdominal ache. But no pain when urinating. But I bought some stuff from the chemist the begining of the week for Cystitis. But it didn't make any difference, & the last few days has just been the dragging feeling. So maybe you're right. Ive definately had it before though, so it baffles me. Maybe its what you say, & it rights itself eventually.
I have never drank enough fluids though thats a fact :noangel:

Cell block H fan
18-09-09, 17:25
I think I know what you're on about here. Does it feel sometimes like a swelling almost along with the soreness and that you (without getting to graphic) feel wider or something down there and have the feeling you need to pee but its sore?

That sort of what I have had in thepast and I too have Ibs xxx

Everything there apart from the sore bit. This is more like an ache. Sounds a bit weird but I am almost looking forward to the time of the month so I can put a tampon in there! Hoping it will stop the dragging feeling, & stop the feeling like the muscles are clenched! Gross sorry lol

SueBee
18-09-09, 17:45
Whats water? :blush:

Although I've had the symptoms many many times, I've only ever had cystitis once. So, it doesnt necessarily follow that you'll get it with every urine infection.

Give it the weekend and if its not righted itself it might be worth popping to the pharmacy for a chat.

Hope you feel better soon :)

lindzanne
18-09-09, 20:21
Are you mid-cycle (ovulating)? That could definitely cause wierd cramping and pressure or other symptoms. It could be a simple pelvic or bladder infection, easy to diagnose and treat. When I was going through some hormonal fluctuations I learned about postglandins which, I don't completely understand, but are some kind of hormonal thing and while my body was adjusting my entire pelvis and actually the pelvis bones really hurt! Could your hormones be fluctuating due to anxiety? This has messed up my cycle a few times! But I definitely don't think it sounds sinister. Just another stupid woman problem we all are cursed with!

choccychompa
18-09-09, 20:44
I get a dragging feeling when I'm on my period. Like a prolapse feeling. So I know what you mean, but mine is just when on my period. xxx

Cell block H fan
18-09-09, 20:54
Lindzanne yes I think i'm around the stage of ovulating at the moment, well, was when this started last week. I expect I am due on later next week. When ive had it before it seemed to start when ovulating, which was why I used to think Ovary cyst that flared up & panic!
The dragging feeling is horrible isn't it choccychompa. Sounds gross but I seem to of found a way to relieve it, by pushing like I'm having a baby! lol For some reason since doing this (discretely) earlier, its eased off a bit! Its weird.

lindzanne
19-09-09, 20:24
Just so you know, ovulation is actually a cyst that grows, explodes, and then lets the eggs out. Its just when they keep growing and doesn't let the egg out that it becomes a problem. But ovulation can be very painful for many women, even worse than their periods, so if that's what's going on you shouldn't feel scared. I have definitely felt ovulation pain and wierd symptoms from it for a good week.

teez
19-09-09, 21:12
if you have a dragging feeling hun ,,it could be cytitus,,loadsa water , cranberry, and you can get pills from the chemists,,but fluids are a must