PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness,nausea,headache,body tingling first thing in morning!

maeanna
18-09-09, 14:40
Hi,
I have read thro the posts on this forum but cant find one relating to my symptoms but sorry if there is already a thread!
Every morning for the past 4weeks I have woken up with a tingling feeling all over my body, a horrible 'pushing' headache to the front of my head,blurred vision, intenese nausea where i am gagging,dizziness when i sit up and get out of bed even when its slowly. Its so weird and scary as i have never had this before so i finally went to the gp last week who said my BP was a little low but nothing serious and when i went back on mon they said it had gone back up and was okay.
The gp checked my eyes and couldnt see anything so told me to try eating a cracker before bed which i have been doing but im still waking at 4-5.00am with it and when i finally get back to sleep it happens all over again when i get up!
Today i went back to the gp as its got worse and she did the neuro tests and checked my eyes again.
Because i joined a new gp she didnt have my history which was great as they usually see im Emetophobic and even if the symptoms have nothing to do with it they straight away fob me off with anxiety but she did ask if i was stressed (which im not atm!!)
Anyway the gp is not sure what it is so has given me antisickness tablets but it ANYONE else has had this or knows it is anxiety plz let me kno coz i cant stand it!!!!
Thanx :)

Luci-loo
19-09-09, 04:57
I've had almost all those symptoms but not noticed them arriving at a particular time. Is there anything about morning you dislike- perhaps dreading going into work for example.

It's good that the doctor is taking your seriously though and looking outside the anxiety box. The only thing I can really thing of is being hungry because I'm terrible for not eating and it makes me dizzy, sick and headachy until I fix something to eat.

M_worrier
19-09-09, 06:59
I have been waking up with terrible shaking all over my body, it scares me so much, my head feels hollow/numb...Im new to anxiety and am completely terrified. :(

Thumbelina
19-09-09, 11:14
i have been experencing these symptoms for almost 8 month in a row in a first year of my GAD 4 years ago.

I was hoping that every morning it will be different but it wasnt - some days it was getting worse.

4 years since the beginning - i dont have for that long. I have it for weeks when relapses happen.

Its the symptoms of anxiety, but its as hard to go except it as 4 years ago...

steveh31
19-09-09, 11:42
He told you to eat a cracker before bed - change your doctor - Unfortunately it maybe that you are having anxiety while asleep apparently its very common. As the previous post said it is anxiety but it is diffciult to accept and why should we accept it. We are feeling pain even if it is coming from our minds.

You have to just try and get on with your routine until it is either too unbearable or you physically can't most times if you carry on it will subside but it is hard.

Like me i feel dizzy and lightheaded a lot but i have to carry on until it becomes unbearable or goes away.

maeanna
19-09-09, 13:44
Thanks for ur replies guys! Thing is i kinda am thinking its not anxiety as I have have had 5 weeks on hols with no anxieties coz ive just been around the house and meeting friends and chilling out!!!
I did some research on the net and found that all my symptoms matched hypoglycemia so i decided to put a very sugary drink by my bed and so when it happened this morning i drink some drink and within 10 mins i was absolutely fine!