PDA

View Full Version : b complex and super b complex

april tones
25-10-05, 23:21
hi, i take a b complex, flet the difference but now feel low. shall i take a super b complex? if its more than reccomended daily requirement how can that be right? confused? x its for dperession i need

apriltones

Meg
25-10-05, 23:27
Vit B supports the nervous system so is good when in acute anxiety or panic. 50mg is fine as a maintence dose.

What else does super Vit B contain ?

Omegas 3,6,9 are good for mood improvements.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

april tones
25-10-05, 23:36
hi meg, it is superdrugs own brand. naicin, etc?
thanks loads xxx
also has omega 3 got side effects?

apriltones

Meg
26-10-05, 08:46
no side effects for the omegas

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

april tones
26-10-05, 14:33
can i take omega 3, 6 etc with b complex? thanks meg xx

apriltones

JonParr
26-10-05, 16:28
Meg - interested in your comment saying that 50mg of Vit B good for maintenance...

Just checked the label on the vits I was recommended (timed release sports multi) and they have all the Vit Bs split out. So is the 50mg the combined amount of these...

e.g. They've got 11.1 mg of B1, 12.5 mg of B2, 10.25 of B6 and 50 micrograms of B12... added together doesn't come up to the 50 mg you mentioned.

Thanks

Jon

Meg
27-10-05, 13:54
April - Yes

Jon - 25- 50 mg of each Vit B- not total and specifically for acute anx and nervous system stuff. The one you have is not a high dose one but is fine for general public maintenence and meets the RDA's which are small .

Look at Quest vitamins B supplements to see a comparison.

Meg

JonParr
27-10-05, 14:42
Thanks Meg.

I'll have a look. Maybe I should change over to something else... I was recommended these because they have more than usual of a lot of the vits. and minerals.

I'll have a dig around other posts (unless of course you have one up your sleeve) of what specifically to look for and what quantities.

Thanks again

Jon

* Stop the world - I wanna get off *

Meg
27-10-05, 14:58
Jon,

The usual cocktail for acute anxiety and acute panic is

Vit B - 50-100mg reducing down to 50mg day, then alt days as improving.

Omega 3-6-9 or anything similar

and if run down or smoke Vit C 1000 mg. Won't re-energize you, but will help your immune system fight potential bugs

and if severely affected by palpitations a trial of Magnesium/ calcium mix.

Meg