PDA

View Full Version : I dont know how I did it, but I did! RE: Palpitations

peter34uk
18-09-09, 16:16
So im at work, working away at my desk when I feel something stir in my chest. I then feel my pulse and its going fast.

I go to the toilet, splash my self with cold water, drink aload of cold water and take myself to the data centre where it is cold.

I lie on the floor and my chest is going like a frieght train.

I am now in FULL panic mode.....but instead of upping and leaving for the hospital I stay with it and try to regulate my breathing.

Its not easy and the effects feel violent.....BUT after a while i feel as though slowly slowly its starting to calm down.....and it does.

Now im left confused, dry mouth and shaking. I still dont know if it was a full palpitation or an anxiety attack (cause i was quite relaxed up to that point)

BUT I did it. I stayed with it, trusted my self and it calmed down. It was bloody horrible but it DID go away!

Im back at my desk able to finish the day and tonight im gonna treat myself to a chocolate desert!

Mamfa85
18-09-09, 16:32
well done you!:) I know how bad these feelings are and how strong they feel,but you have just proved you are stronger.

diane07
18-09-09, 16:33
A huge well done to you,

This should be on success for the huge achievement.

You stayed with it and fought the fear and you won.
This is the way to go forward, and you should feel very proud of yourself.

best wishes

di xx

peter34uk
18-09-09, 16:39
awww thank you for being so kind. I was frightened to tell the truth, but im well happy i managed to get past this one. Lets hope I can do the same next time.

Thank you guys!

zenwin
18-09-09, 18:14
Way to go, Peter!!!! That's HUGE! But you know what... now you KNOW you can do it! It will only get easier for you to deal with now. very proud of you!

choccychompa
18-09-09, 20:48
OMG Peter! That is fantastic! Well done you!!!! Huge pat on the back for that. You must have been terrified, but YOU DID IT! xxx