PDA

View Full Version : new to site, not to panic

panic140671
21-01-04, 20:49
Hi there,

I have been suffering from panic attacks for nearly 3 years now. I started with post natal depression after the birth of my 2nd daughter. My doctor put me on anti depressants and WHAM, after 1 week of taking them, I had my first panic attack. I ended up at A & E as I thought I was dying. I have been having them ever since. Not a day goes by without me being either panicky or anxious.

My biggest fear is dying. Every symptom I get, I think this is it, I am going to die. It scared the **** out of me every time.

Anyway, glad to have found this site.

Meg
21-01-04, 21:59
Hello,

These are all perfectly normal feelings for panic and anxiety.
Have a good look around the main web site, if there is anything you want to ask about please do so.

let us know how you get on.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Laurie28
22-01-04, 10:31
Hiya Panic,

Although I have been taking panic attacks for years the 'lifechanging' anxiety hit me when pregnant with my 2nd child (he is now 9 months) I was diagnosed with PND when he was 3 months old. I believed I was going insane and was truly going to die (started with tight throat and progressed to thoughts)

I was petrified from the minute i got up until i went to bed.

have a read at the topics and you will get some great advise and tips and let us know how you get on

We know what you are going through so don't be afraid to ask anything

Take Care
Lucky

Rennie1989
23-01-04, 19:49
Hi panic

You have what i have. I cant have a day without a panic attack or panicky sympoms. If ya want to tell me anything, ya can.

Jade

stimpy
23-01-04, 23:25
Very nice to meet you.
I too suffered panic attacks before, after and during the birth of my second son.

They do scare you to death, don't they.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric