PDA

View Full Version : HELP!

Dusty
26-10-05, 08:12
COuld someone please tell me I'm not alone.

I feel dreadful and I hate myself at the moment.

I've had an awful night. I've had worse but last night I couldn't settle my mind and I knew I had to get up for work today. It is the first time I have worked a full day since starting my new job and think that was on my mind.

I feel so low. Why can't I just switch off like a normal person? Why is thought of going to bed so scary? Will this ever end?

I'm almost at the stage I was 10 months ago when I first got my medication. Then I had the occasional thought: " If I hurt myself and have to go to hospital maybe I'll learn or be shown how to sleep there."

I'm in a right state as you can tell.

Help! Dusty

Meg
26-10-05, 08:18
*last night I couldn't settle my mind and I knew I had to get up for work today. It is the first time I have worked a full day since starting my new job and think that was on my mind.*

I'm sure it was and on this occassion it is ok. I had loads of sleepless nights before big days

If you've been through all the tricks in the book several times and done your routine and resorted to swigging back the night nurse etc then its just how it is for the odd night when you're particularly worried.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

u0000998
26-10-05, 17:37
Hi there

I nkow exactly what you are going through. Last night I had 2 hours sleep and am getting myself in a right old state about bed time. I just lay there , racing thoughts, feeling a feeling that is awful but non descript if you know what I mean.

I have had anxiety and depression on and off now for a number of years. I should know the drill and can normally keep everything together. But I have been working extremely hard at work over last 6 weeks and a friend from work committed suicide in March and my emplyer gave me some of her work to do. That said I am currently in a state to say the least. Worrying about my anxiety and feeling that this time it really is different and maybes it will never end and I will end up like my colleague which the thought just turns me staright into panic.

I am sorry if this is abit depressing - I have always come out of my anxiety and have had a happy life this far. I also have had insommnia and have slept again so you will too.