PDA

View Full Version : tip from Sax

Sax
26-10-05, 10:13
:D Hello people,

Wasn't quite sure where to put this but its just a tip! I have never been one to sit still watching the tele - bored easily - find relaxation hard etc. etc.
About 20years ago i picked up some juggling balls and taught myself to juggle and use to drive my Mum insane cos i use to sit on the floor with balls flying round the house but once learnt you never forget! Juggling can be very theraputic, if you feel stressed and you juggle you can focus your mind on your breathing whilst using a physical distraction too.

People who read this may think I'm nuts (probably am) but its just a simple, easy, cheap little tip and a skill which may just help. I also have a flower stick (hitting a long stick between two small ones) which again is a form of juggling and again I recommend it as a stress reliever.:D

If any interest I can teach you to juggle (everyone has the ability!), just say the word and i'll put down 'how to start' from scratch.

Enjoy your balls [8D] Sax!!!!!!!!!!!!xxxxxx

"Friends are the like the stars......you can't always see them but they are always there!"

trac67
26-10-05, 10:26
Good idea Sax,
I can manage to juggle with 2 balls, any more than that and the ornaments pay the price lol, actually I am gonna buy some more juggling balls and give it another go, will practice in the garage first I think LOL.

Love Trac XX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

alexis
26-10-05, 10:43
Good one Sax, Im same as Tracey can manage 2 at a very slow speed, wouldnt mind hints on 3.

love from Alexisxxxx

mjh74
26-10-05, 12:25
Hey Sax that sounds like a good idea!

I can manage 2 but 3 usually end up knocking things off shelves and causing people to duck! lol

tygwyn
26-10-05, 14:53
Hi Sax

Well I can barely manage 1 so if you could give me some hints on 3 that would be great!!

Thanks!

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

Piglet
26-10-05, 17:10
I used to be pretty good at 'two balls' at school, with one hand no less (no smuttiness please)!!!

We used to be very proud of our 'balls' (oh sorry I can't stop laughing now)!!

Lovely tip Sax mate :)

love Piglet

Sax
26-10-05, 17:28
Ok will do a step by step guide then !!!!!!!!

Everyone has their own techniques but i'll tell you how I do it and if you follow it you will adapt your own way!

STEP 1

Go back to just one ball (even if you can already do two - everyone has a more controlled hand so go back to throwing just one)

Visualise a triangle................ three point to a triangle........two points at bottom represent your hands and top point is your focus which is situated just above eye level. Arms should be at right angles to your body --------throw the ball from one hand up as high as your focal point and keeping your eyes on the focal point catch with other hand.
Vice versa trying to throw and catch without looking at the ball only the focal point! Always aim for the height to be the same and never look at the ball!

STEP 2

Do not be tempted to go to this step until you have your left and right hands as controlled as each other :D

Take two balls one in each hand and throw first ball up to just other side of focal point and on the downward journey throw other ball to other side of focal point. Then catch first ball then second! Then throw from other hand again same way.
Do not be tempted to just pass ball from one hand to other. Both balls should go to level of focus point, again don't look at the balls just at your imaginary focal point.

STEP 3

Once you can throw the individual balls and catch them without looking at them and keeping looking at focus point, put two balls in one hand and one in the other.

Next step ------ three balls.

keep visualising your triangle. Hands being two bottom points. you throw the first ball just to side of focal point, on downward journey throw second ball to other side of focal point and continue!!!!!!

Practise makes perfect and you can't get better if you don't practise.

Happy juggling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Friends are the like the stars......you can't always see them but they are always there!"

looby
26-10-05, 17:41
you are also psychic!!!!!! (not sure of spelling!)
How did you know I would think you were nuts???!!!!! ;)

Seen as I have no hand eye co ordination think I should leave the juggling to those who can!
I will just play catch!!!!!

Love
Looby