PDA

View Full Version : I didnt freak out at the Dentists!!!

Tilly
21-01-04, 22:21
First of all I would like to thank all those of you that replied to my previous post. Wise words and helped me enormously. I amazed myself with how well I coped. But cannot say the dentist was very sympathetic. Still, they must get very fed up with their nervous patients!
The bad news is I have to go back tomorrow to have TWO teeth taken out. That will teach me to leave it 6 years between appointments. The whole procedure will take around 40 minutes, but Im trying not to think about that.
All I can think about is this time tomorrow it will all be over whether I lost it in the chair or not, so no point worrying about it eh?
Wish me luck ;)
Tilly x

kate
21-01-04, 22:31
Tilly,

I'm the same about dentists, I haven't been for a number of years either!

I would just say that you DID cope last time, and I am sure you will cope just as well tomorrow.

I doubt very much if you will "lose it" in the chair tomorrow, but if by any chance you did, SO WHAT??? Just remember, it isn't the end of the world!

Keep smiling!

Kate x

Lilith
21-01-04, 22:58
Wow, good for you, Tilly! Post after your next appointment, when it's all over, okay? It will be fun to rejoice with you! (Now I just have to work up the nerve to make my appointment....)

mico
21-01-04, 23:14
Sounds good Tilly, I'm sure you'll be fine at the next apointment, and afterwards you can sit back and be proud of yourself for such a big achievment. Hopefully you'll not be so afraid to keep going for checkups now. And if you don't feel your dentist is very sympathetic then I'm sure you can find another one who is, ask around and see if anyone recommends someone in your area.

mico

Lottie32
22-01-04, 14:37
Well done Tilly for coping so well. The next time will be easier - honest.

Forty minutes is nothing in a life time, just keep breathing correctly and focusing on something good.

And, although I know you don't need this lecture - make sure you go for regular 6 monthly check ups to avoid it happening again.

The more often you make yourself go, the easier it becomes. Honest!

Let me know how you got on, I'm sure you'll be fine. (Well as fine as you can be having teeth extracted, but I'm sure you know what I mean!)

Best wishes

Charlie

diana
22-01-04, 16:10
Hiya Tilly,

Good for you coping so well. Tomorrow will be just as successful I know it will. You are well on your way of going every 6 months for your visits, and enjoying it!!!!! LOL..... :) Keep the positive thoughts flowing. Don`t think about it too much, and post after your appointment to let us know how you got on. I know you will do great.

Take care dear,

Diana xxxxx

Laurie28
22-01-04, 16:12
Tilly,

I hope everything went okay at the dentist today. Even 'normal' people can have a great fear of dentists!!

Let us know how you are feeling - probably very numb and salvery!

Lucky