19-09-09, 22:37
Hi

Thinking of trying hypnotherapy has anyone tried it and if so what do you think

PanicOver!!
22-09-09, 19:16
Nobody :weep:

MOJO
22-09-09, 20:14
Hi! Have you read the thread further down the page by PsychoPoet? There are also quite a lot of other threads about hypnotherapy if you go to the search facility at the top of the page.

PanicOver!!
22-09-09, 20:18
Thanks thought i posted it in the wrong place (or no one loved me)

anx mum
22-09-09, 20:30
yeah have tried hypnotherapy hun its very relaxing had about 15 sessions think it helped but didnt cure me and its quite expensive worth a try

PanicOver!!
22-09-09, 20:31
Thanks Anx willing to try anything once x

peggy27
22-09-09, 21:30
Hi i use a hypnotherapy cd- dunno if it really works- but its really relaxing, and a while ago I used to listen to it till I fell asleep, and I did go through a stage of feeling better, so i'm trying it again.
Got it on ebay, it was only a couple of pounds. Nice calming ladies voice.
Its called 'Overcome your Anxiety and Panic Attacks' and its produced by sharon shinwell.
Good luck
Px:hugs:

Thorny
04-11-09, 15:57
Hi Marc,

I had many sessions of hypnotherapy around five years ago.
Looking back with that wonderful tool of hindsight, i'd say that i did not go into those sessions with a completely open mind. I was rather sceptical about the whole experience. This was an error, as i think it would have helped me allot more if i had relaxed further, & been able express my thoughts better.

I found the sessions very calming however, and it did open my mind to alternative though processes & outlooks ect, so it certainly was not a waste of time.

After all, everyone is different, so I would certainly recommend giving it a try. :)

All the best
Matt

PanicOver!!
04-11-09, 16:01
Thanks Matt

Think i will give it a go

lizzie29
04-11-09, 18:57
Hi Marc

I posted a thread with the same message yesterday lol! I do really want to try it but am a bit scared of what to expect! Like you said though, I'm also willing to try anything once, I'm so fed up with this anxiety it's worth a shot. Have you looked into it anymore?

Mudskipper
05-11-09, 10:02
Absolutely nothing to be afraid of with hypnotherapy. I tried it myself and found it helpful in the short-term, although it hasn't really helped with my long-term problems. It's also quite expensive and unlikely to be available on the NHS. Still, if you can afford it, there's no harm in giving it a try. It might work better for you and if nothing else, it's certainly very relaxing.

PanicOver!!
09-11-09, 16:34
Thanks all

Just booked my first consultation so we will see how it goes
suppose the worst that could happen is i will come home thinking im Elvis lol

ElizabethJane
18-11-09, 21:17
Dear Marc I was wondering whether you had had your first session of hypnotherapy yet? In my area there is a very good hypnosis clinic run primarily by a GP and some of his nursing staff all are qualified in hypnosis. I have had quite a number of sessions for my depression and also IBS and obstetric difficulties. It is something which is very powerful but I have found in the long term I have needed follow up sessions. Also you need to practice the self hypnosis techniques that you will be given. Some of my sessions for IBS were covered on the NHS but I guess this treatment is very limited and localised to our area Essex. I don't think you will come out sounding like Elvis. If you do let me know!

andrea thompson
18-11-09, 23:08
i havent tried it but a friend of a friend did and she thought it was fantastic.... really really helped her... she is always going on about it.....

i think i might give it a go aswell.....!!!!

x x

nervy-paul
29-11-09, 13:59
I am planning on seeing a hypnotherapist in the new year. I have had what I now know as telephobia (fear of using the telephones) for longer than I can remember, and I am hoping that they can make it easier for me to use/answer the phone. It is a real restriction for me, I can't even stand the sound of phones ringing, only using it when I really need to. Has anyone else here had a similar problem?

Marti36
29-11-09, 14:59
Ive got a consultation on Tuesday so if it goes well will book up for 3 sessions and see how they go.

pollyanna
29-11-09, 15:27
Hi

A few years ago i had some session of hynotherapy, although it was quite expensive, it was very helpful, when i came out i felt i could have climbed a mountain or tackled goliath, i was ready for any challange, the problem is the effects dont seem to last that long, you really need a top up, or maintance., and being so expensive was a problem, but i would recomend anyone to give it a go.

P x

neptune
29-11-09, 19:44
I had four sessions and the man was really nice; he went through a lot of cbt type stuff and positive thinking with me. He was sweet. After four sessions I had to stop doing it because of finances - it was £55 a session and I'm on disability benefits so it was too expensive. Also, I didn't see any benefit from it and decided it was just a waste of time. However, I know someone who really recovered from their issues using hypnosis, so I think it can be worth trying.

lillylou17
30-11-09, 13:36
I am having hypnosis at the moment, i think it is called analytical hypnotherapy.
I have had 4 sessions so far and have felt no better for it, i am debating if i should carry on or give up, i have been told that it can take up to 12 sessions but at £60 a time it is quite expensive.

PanicOver!!
30-11-09, 14:01
Thanks all

All your comments have been very helpful xx

bluedaisy
30-11-09, 14:38
It sounds like it's been helpful for many people, so always worth trying I think!

Unfortunately I found it had absolutely no benefit at all for me despite four or five sessions. I was so anxious the whole time, close to an attack, and despite trying really hard to relax I just couldn't do it. So it didn't bring my anxiety level down at all and gave me no benefit.

margaret jones
30-11-09, 15:59
Hi I tried it but felt unable to relax enough to gain any benifit i think it was the thought of being out of contol i could not fully let go i had 2 sessions but because of the cost and the fact that i was having councelling at the same time i stopped.
However i would say try it you never know it does work for lots of people

Good Luck Margaret

Juliecupcake
01-12-09, 15:17
I'm having hypnotherapy for the first time tomorrow for my fear of public speaking, hope it will work, could really change my life, will let you know!