PDA

View Full Version : breathing through stomach

andrewjdavid2005
26-10-05, 17:04
Last night my wife noticed when i was taking deep breaths that my stomach rised very high and my chest didn't move much.

I done it again and she said the same thing, does this mean i am breathing through my stomach instead of my chest? if i am what problems or symptoms can that cause, because i could be suffering more because of this, maybe my chest tightness could be something to do with this?

nomorepanic
26-10-05, 17:07
That is correct abdominal breathing.

Go to www.nomorepanic.co.uk/coping and read all about Abdominal breathing on there.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

trac67
26-10-05, 17:43
Hi,
Thats the way that you are taught to breath to help cope with Panic and anxiety, breath from the stomach.

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Quirky
26-10-05, 17:45
You are breathing correctly if your stomach is rising. It is your stomach (diaphram) that is meant to rise not your chest. When I breathe my chest moves alot of the time and I am having breathing therapy to learn to breathe properly.
Well done, you're doing it right.

tattybear
27-10-05, 10:01
It is the correct way to bretah - its how i was taught to on my anxiety course - so no need to worry!

Tatty B xx