PDA

View Full Version : the dr just says its stress

bubbleairhead
20-09-09, 07:16
i've had a problem for a couple months now, a few times a week whenever i try to sleep i suddenly wake up because i've stopped breathing.
i've been developing more problems too, i've been having heart palpitations and just recently started getting aches in my upper left chest which has made my left arm feel 'funny' and has radiated through to my back.
my blood pressure temperture and ecg are normal. the dr just said its most likley stress. but not getting sleep is stressing me out.
please help i've had so many night that i've not slept.

gypsywomen
20-09-09, 09:34
i would go back to the docters dosent sound right to me ,,,it could be lack of sleep but just make sure .. sure its like doc says its stress but just get 2nd opinon i was a nurse margaret

jo61
20-09-09, 09:51
When my anxiety is playing up this happens to me too. I find it happens when I lie on my back. Once I recognised that I wasn't going to die and that this was just a symptom and relaxed into it, it settled down. It still happens occasionally but I just dismiss it for what it is.

:hugs:

amandaj
20-09-09, 09:56
it does sound like anxiety i had this again in the night last night and still feel like i cant breathe now, i sympathise with the lack of sleep i know how you feel feel free to pm me anytime

amandaxx

kathee
20-09-09, 10:05
think the poster who told you to go back to the dr is right,for though it is likely to be anxiety which can present like this sleep aponea can present like this too, and can only be diagnosed or excluded with a sleep study, which means you get to wear a little monitor thingie for 24 hours :-)