PDA

View Full Version : Moving to a new look website and new version of forum

nomorepanic
20-09-09, 13:02
Hi all

We are moving NMP to a new server on Monday/Tuesday 28th/29th September.

At the same time we will have a new look website and are upgrading the version of this forum to the latest Vbulletin version with loads of new features for everyone.

To ensure a smooth transaction can I please ask that people check their email address on their profile (Click on UserCP at the top of the screen and edit it as necessary in there).

Can you also please logout of NMP and log back in between now and next Monday to ensure that you know your current password.

On Monday 28th the forum will be offline for posting but you will still be able to read posts. The exact time will be posted nearer the day. It could be unavailable for posting all day until the move to the new server is complete but Alex will update this thread throughout the day so you can read the progress.

I will post details about the new forum features sometime this week as well.

Thanks

ladybird64
20-09-09, 13:50
Thanks for giving us plenty of notice Nic, I hope the transition goes smoothly. :hugs:

sandy35
20-09-09, 18:59
Thanks for the info Nic. Looking forward to the new look website.

weeble40
20-09-09, 19:47
Having had a cheeky sneaky peak, I just wanted to say well done to you both, the new site looks fab, its fun funky and fresh, i know how hard you both work on it, so big hug and well done from me

MAY IT LONG CONTINUE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MOJO
21-09-09, 10:00
Looking forward to the new site. I also wanted to thank you for your hard work, it's much appreciated. xxx

nomorepanic
27-09-09, 13:22
We have had to cancel this move tomorrow as Alex had problems with the new server.

We will let you all know when we are going to move it next.

So, tomorrow you will be able to logon as normal.

Lima
27-09-09, 15:41
Oooooh, updates and a move sound like realy good opportunities (although have to admit, being new, I'm still trying to get to grips with the current website and forum!!!). Although you have had to postpone it, I'm sure it will be up and running and looking fabulous soon! Good luck with the move, when it goes ahead.

Lima x

nomorepanic
01-10-09, 21:32
Ok the move is back on for Monday 5th October. :yesyes:

Please keep checking for announcements in this forum and we will update you throughout the move.

I am about to post some details about new features in the new forum as well :D

nomorepanic
04-10-09, 21:25
Please note that we may lose all the games scores and tournaments tomorrow so if you want to finish a tournament then please do so asap.

SueBee
04-10-09, 22:41
Yay, I might have a high score for a day lol

Hope the move goes well :)

Trixie
05-10-09, 19:22
Love this board the colour is so snappy.:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

p.s Can you have a snappy colour?:D

alias_kev
05-10-09, 20:13
On the old forum you could for example select the checkmark next to a bunch of messages and it would select all the messages in the bunch. That isn't working for me at the moment. The group checkmark does not interact with the group.

Using (Mozilla) Seamonkey 1.1.6 which should be much like Firefox/Netscape in behavours.

The page seems to rely on a function "inlineMod_pms.check_all" to do this and I can't see an obvious import of a script to define it. There is a commented out version of function with a different name which appears to be intended to do something similar.

nomorepanic
05-10-09, 20:35
Hi kev - thanks for letting us know. We are aware and added it to our list of things to fix.

FroggyPrince
05-10-09, 21:19
I think the new site looks brilliant Nic! :D

I bet that this has taken a lot of work and preparation: Congratulations and many thanks to everyone involved.

Paul (Froggy) :yahoo:

eternally optimistic
05-10-09, 21:54
Hello

The new website looks fantastic, very inviting for newbies and current members alike.

Well done on the new format.

Cassa63
05-10-09, 22:28
Well done the site looks fantastic. Congratulations and many thanks to all involved in the new concept.

Cassa63.:flowers:

hoppipolla
06-10-09, 02:40
wow it looks really cool! I'm not so sure about the black (I think the all-blue tones worked well as they felt calming :) ) but other than that it's really good! :)

Thorny
06-10-09, 09:17
Dear Nomorepanic,

Thanks for your hardwork in getting the newlook site / forum online :)

kittykat
06-10-09, 12:05
Love the new site, well done to all involve :yesyes:

nanny
06-10-09, 12:17
Brilliant look to the new site, A big well done for all your hard work.:D

PanicOver!!
06-10-09, 12:20
The site looks great well done x

Maggie-may
06-10-09, 12:24
Everything looks really cool, well done!

nomorepanic
06-10-09, 14:20
Sorry for not replying earlier - been a mad few days lol.

We are slowly ironing out any glitches that we found but on the whole things went well and people are posting so that is a good sign!

Let us know if you find any problems please.

I also documented all the new features under the Announcements forum too.

june
06-10-09, 14:28
:hugs:Well done on the move:yesyes:
just getting the hang of the new layout:blush:
Thank you for all your help this is great:yesyes:
best wishes
june
:hugs:

NoPoet
08-10-09, 08:33
I hate to be the voice of dissent but there is too much black, a colour which I associate with feeling grim.

hoppipolla
11-10-09, 03:56
I hate to be the voice of dissent but there is too much black, a colour which I associate with feeling grim.

Yeah, that's my only little issue as well! I liked the consistent blues from before!

That is literally my only issue with it though, other than that it is rather awesome ^_^

nomorepanic
11-10-09, 16:22
I am looking into new skins for the forum.

This one is quite nice ....

http://www.bgminis.org/forum/

nomorepanic
11-10-09, 16:30
Alex doesn't like it - too much blue he says lol

PoppyC
12-10-09, 16:54
I like the blue colours on here - they are relaxing colours, but maybe the black colour could be either a purple, violet or a soft green colour, but other than that I like the way the site looks.

hoppipolla
17-10-09, 03:33
I like the blue colours on here - they are relaxing colours, but maybe the black colour could be either a purple, violet or a soft green colour, but other than that I like the way the site looks.

Agreed :)

It's only that black that looks a bit unusual, everything else is great!

You can probably change the colours of the button images and stuff quite easily in a program like the GIMP but I'm sure you know this kinda stuff I don't wanna go preaching to the choir lol ^_^

Insomniac
17-10-09, 15:00
I have just logged in and LOVE the new look! (even the black lol) Looking good Nic & Alex (& all concerned)! Loving nmp as ever and glad you're here. (wow I'm loved up today :blush:)

june
17-10-09, 15:04
just being lazy = you have not got """back to top of page"" button (sorry) lol

nomorepanic
17-10-09, 16:58
June - did we have one before - I can't remember?

june
18-10-09, 14:50
:hugs:I am sure you did:blush: whatever site i am on i look for this 'button'.
no probs still a great site / very easy to read:yesyes:
Best wishes
June
:hugs:
Oh yes.. 'before , on my personal list you used to leave the 'envelope' open so i could see at a glance if anyone posted after me.
now all the envelopes stay shut now i have to look at each one.
I know this is picky - just me having a moan (sorry)
june

nomorepanic
18-10-09, 15:11
Hi June - I will have a look at the old site and see if I can see what we used to have.

I know the icons are a bit confusing cos their is a blue envelope, a red one and then read with a white arrow in it showing that I have replied.

We are going to look at some new icons as well for the posts/threads.

You are not picky and we welcome any comments good or bad.

I will let you know what we can do.