PDA

View Full Version : Breathlessness

sahara
20-09-09, 14:42
I have been feeling quite breathless for quite a few weeks. I haven't mentioned it to my Dr, but now I am anxious.

I am pregnant -only 14 weeks so dunno if it could be that, but I am scared. My Mum died of Lung cancer in November and I gave up in November.

Scared I have it now :scared15:

Cell block H fan
20-09-09, 14:50
I remember that when I was pregnant. Something about the uterus pushing up on the diaphram apparently. And the heart does have to work a little bit harder. Dont forget every part of the body has to work harder when you're pregnant. But nature built us for it, so our bodies are also built cope with it! Your ligaments loosen too, which is why you can get the aches & pains later on. Its all worth it though! x

sahara
20-09-09, 14:55
I am guessing the diaghram thing is later as I am not showing yet etc.

But it could ne cos I my body is working harder.

Maybe combined with anxiety. I just feel breathless sitting here, really noticing ta the mo

Thank you for your reply :hugs::hugs:

mumof4
20-09-09, 17:35
when i was pregrant i also felt very breathless aswell its very comman in pregrany and especally the futher on u go laying down will help as it relises the pressure.

the joys of pregancy

marchant
20-09-09, 17:50
Just a thought - are you taking any beta blockers - like propranolol - these can cause asthma type symtoms?

Good idea to mention to Doctor next time you see him, anxiety and panic can cause a tight chest, and worrying about it will make it worse.

Hope you feel better soon.

Steve :)

sahara
20-09-09, 17:56
Thank you, I will mention it to my Dr.

No medication although would like to back on my citralopam - but worried about the affect on the baby.

I am a bit of a mess at the moment. I am seeing the consultant on Friday so will check with her andthen go back to my Dr.

He wants to try and keep me of the AD's but I am not so sure I can cope. I have a 3 yr old too:weep: