PDA

View Full Version : Irrational fear of training course on Tuesday...HELP

kazzie
20-09-09, 15:17
Hi Everyone:)

I really dont know why this is happening so at the risk of sounding bonkers I will try and explain!!!

On Tuesday evening I am due to go on a training course on our new coffin range(nice!) at our main office about a mile from where I live.

Since I was poorly I have developed a totally irrational fear of stairs, I am slightly disabled and have 2 handrails at home on the stairs.

The boardroom where the training will take place is up quite a steep flight of stairs with one not too good handrail.....I have expressed my concerns to my boss who said "I will get one of the lads to give you a piggy back!"......erm I dont think so:roflmao:

Now to top it all I have sprained my wrist and just dont know how Im going to manage the stairs!!!

Ive convinced myself that I will fall and end up in hospital....Im stressed at the thought of going on holiday on Sat too!!!

I never allow myself to indulge in anticipatory anxiety as a rule but just in a stew bout this

Any advice welcome

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

twiglet
20-09-09, 23:52
Hi Kaz,
i know how you must be feeling, but try not to worry yourself. im sure one of your co workers will walk with you. just take it slowly and you will be fine.
is there a lift at all there?
as you know my mum is disabled and can only use one arm and she isnt very steady on her legs at all but when she came to visit when i lived in a house with stairs, i used to walk with her up and down them and that alone made her feel calmer and better. im sure you will be fine.
lots of hugs!!!!

twigs
xxx

kazzie
21-09-09, 13:58
Awww Cheers Twigs:hugs:

I actually phoned my boss this morning and the training is gonna be downstairs now so problem solved!!!! But thanks for the lovely reply:hugs:

Hope all is well with you and the family

See ya soon

Kaz x:hugs:

nikk_dolittle
21-09-09, 14:06
Kazzie.

Dont worry about saturday, You knowyou will be ok. Im nervous about meeting up but I know I shouldnt, Look at it going to Eden and causing Trouble. Poor Roger wont know whats hit him!

I'm not far away and you can always come to work with me. Am sure you will enjoy it. Or you can have spyro for the day lol

love Nikkxxxxx

kazzie
21-09-09, 14:16
Cheers Nikk:D

Im not worried about meeting you silly:D

Its the prospect of being 250 miles from home lol:roflmao:

Also the holiday park like I said to you yesterday on the phone has got loads of bad reviews.....I dident read them till I had booked it!!!:whistles:

Also I hate long car journeys....bossy boots Roger is insisting we leave at 7am(gulp) I also hate early morning starts!!!

I will be just fine once we are on the road Im sure and will text you as we are going along(hopefully in the right direction:roflmao: )

Ohhhh 1 week today we will be in Eden cant wait!!!

See ya soon mate

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

nikk_dolittle
21-09-09, 14:23
Awww my Kazzieeeee :hugs:

It will be ok. Text me all you need, I will be here. Not early morning tho! lol
Make sure you pack EVERYTHING! Tell Roger to be were Im the worse traveller ever lol:blush:

Dont worry about holiday park, It might be better than you think.

So not long now and we have a great time. Lets demolish Eden lol :winks:

Nikk xxxxxxxxxx:noangel: