PDA

View Full Version : Generalized Anxiety Disorder Symptoms

Meg37
20-09-09, 15:28
Hello
I was hoping someone out there might be able to offer some reassurance about symptoms i am having. I have suffered with anxity for 6 or 7 years and have pretty much learnt to control it though I do still hope for the day when i will again feel 'normal'!! Anyway, my problem at the minute is walking! it sounds so silly when im writing this but its becoming a huge problem. I have difficulty walking in a straight line as my legs seem to suddenly want to go elsewhere or i can sometimes feel like my back is rocking from side to side! Im pretty sure its through muscle tension as I have been away with my husband 3 times in the last 2 months and the whole time of being away I have felt fine, been able to walk ok no problem. The weeks we have got back, it has slowly started to begin to happen again the more anxious i become. It would just be nice to know if anyone else has suffered with this, I try to carry on as normal but after a while it really starts to get to me.

I also have trouble with what seems like my eyes sometimes. They make it seem like the ground is going up and down as i am walking on it or if i sit down i sometimes feel like i am still moving. If anyone out there can relate to any of this, it would be great to hear from you :)

ro44
20-09-09, 19:04
I have something very similar. I think mine has a lot to do with my tight neck, shoulders and back. Right now it is even worse because my low back is messed up and walking really feels weird.

I have felt really "off" in the head when walking for months now. I have a lot of tension pulling down in my arms, especially the right one. Sometimes when I'm shampooing my hair, I will get a quick "dizzy" like feeling in my head. Thank's why I think a lot of my balance issues are coming from my neck. Anxiety makes it worse. Sometimes just walking down the hallway and into the kitchen, I have to stop for a second because I feel so strange.

It's really a hard sensation for me to describe. I wish it would just go away. Let me know if you find anything that helps. Sometimes I take something for anxiety, it helps a little I think, but doesn't completely take away the "off" feeling when I walk.

Ro