PDA

View Full Version : How to stop sinus Tachycardia

peter34uk
20-09-09, 19:37
I just wondered on how people deal with it when they get it?

Ive had it several times in the last couple weeks, twice going to hospital with it & having an ecg etc... Very traumatising. :blush:

Its not very good when its at work.

So how do people cope? In the mornings by the time i get to the station for my train to work(a 10 mintue walk) ive so much adrenaline in my system and my heart rate is high, which sends me into panic.

Im afraid to walk from Blackfriar to holborn (20 minute walk) for fear of setting off another episode. So I catch the bus instead.

So im asking for help on this. Is sinus tachycardia dangerous or should we just suffer it & wait for our heart rate to return to normal?

nickieb
20-09-09, 21:05
Have you not had a cardiology review peter? Its ventricular tachycardia we have to be worried about. When you say your tachy, what is your pulse rate?

peter34uk
20-09-09, 22:08
well it reached 160bpm in ambulance but seemed to come down to 120bpm and then 110bpm quite quickly

I have been investigated before and told im fine.

Maybe its something i have to live with but bloody frightning when it happens!

ronski
21-09-09, 17:50
Hi Peter

Sinus tachycardia in itself is not at all dangerous but as you describe a normal physiological response to all that adrenaline. It will make you tire easily so take it realatively careful while you have this circulating adrenaline. Try to sort out the anxiety and the heart rate will sort itself.

all the best
Ron

nickieb
21-09-09, 19:10
yep Ron is right & i have been tachy with stress xx