PDA

View Full Version : Panicking

Karen
26-10-05, 22:58
Can't stop panicking. Someone keeps ringing my doorbell and I am too scared to go and see who it is, let alone answer it.

No one would be coming here at this time of night. Don't know what to do.

I'm so scared. Why won't they go away?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tammyg
26-10-05, 23:02
Karen,

I know how stressful this can be! I hardly ever answer the door unless I am expecting someone.

Try to ignore it, I am sure they will go away or call out if it is someone you know.

Try not to panic, breathe and do something to distract yourself.

Tammy x

Karen
26-10-05, 23:06
Thanks Tammy.

I am trying to distract myself by coming on here but just when I think they have gone the bell rings again.

Have all these crazy thoughts going through my head now, like it might be someone from the psychiatric hospital that wants to drag me off and lock me up in there.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

clickaway
26-10-05, 23:08
Have they gone away? Have they shouted your name?

If the problem persists, I would contact the police and explain the situation.

But maybe it was just a neighbour enquiring about you?

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Quirky
26-10-05, 23:15
Hi Karen,
I know it must be really scary but try and relax and ignore them, they will give up. It's not likely to be anyone wanting to lock you up.
Is there any room in the house that you could peep out and see who it is without them seeing you.
If it really persists, then as Ray said you may have to phone the police for advice or something.
Good luck, take care.
Lisa

Karen
26-10-05, 23:16
Thanks Ray.

I think they have gone now.

If it had been anyone I know I think they would have phoned or sent a text message when I didn't answer.

Don't know if they called out or not because I am upstairs and have been too scared to move from here to go and look. I still can't because they might still be there.

Karen

april tones
26-10-05, 23:39
hi karen, you ok now?,x

apriltones

mazz
27-10-05, 00:01
hey karen , dont answer the door mate , if someone wants you that badly they will ring ya phone ,, just chill hun luv mazz x

Karen
27-10-05, 00:33
Thanks Lisa, April Tones & Mazz.

They have gone now and I have managed to calm down a bit. It just scared me because they were so persistent and wouldn't give up.

It is a safe area here and it seems stupid that I panicked really, but it was really late and I am very jumpy at the moment and on edge.

Karen

kairen
27-10-05, 18:11
Hi karen ,

I hope you are ok now, I'm not sure what its like where you live but where we live at the moment its terrible with kids knocking at the door for halloween and they arent just comin around at tea time it can be quite late, its just a thought karen,

hope your feeling better now and managed to get some sleep x

kairen x

Karen
27-10-05, 18:37
Hi Kairen

Thanks for your reply. It wasn't kids. There are not any around here really and we don't get any coming for trick or treat.

It is mostly retired people in this area.

I am still jumpy and rather worried that the same thing might happen again tonight. I didn't find out who it was last night.

Karen

seh1980
27-10-05, 19:13
It could have just been kids Karen. We get them here even though none live near us..

Hope it doesn't happen again tonight :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Karen
27-10-05, 19:18
It wasn't kids Sarah. I am certain of that. I heard a car pull up just before.

Now I'm wondering if it might have been Dad. It was around the time he would be leaving for work.

I am really scared it will happen again tonight. I will have to turn all the lights off and sit here in the dark so it looks like I'm not at home.

Karen

Elaine1
28-10-05, 08:14
Hi Karen

Sorry to hear about the door bell thing.

Could you ring your dad to see if indeed it was him?

It appears that it has only happened the once (and that was more than enough) and this would suggest that it was someone you know, but not expecting.

Very much hope it was all quiet for you last night.

Perhaps, get people to ring you prior to them turning up - then you would know to expect them - I know this instance was out of the blue, but if it turns out to be someone you know, by them ringing before hand or indeed as they ring the doorbell, it might help.

Take great care

Elaine XX

seh1980
28-10-05, 12:31
Did they come by again last night? Hope you're ok hun :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

pips
28-10-05, 15:12
Hope you are ok hun. Find out whether it was your Dad put your mind at ease.

Hope it doesn't happen again.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X X X

Karen
28-10-05, 16:35
Hi Elaine, Sarah & Pips

It didn't happen again last night thank goodness. It could have been dad but then he went from constantly hassling me to ignoring me instead. My brother said dad is waiting for me to contact him and apologise for not ringing him daily or calling round to check on him every day.

I haven't done anything about it because, to be honest, the space from him is better for me than when he is ringing and calling round here constantly.

If it was him the other night, it was about the time he leaves home to start his night shift but I don't really want to ring and ask him.

The only other occasional visit I get is Jac and it wouldn't be her at that time of night and she always lets me know she is coming first.

I just hope it was a one off because I start to get anxious again now when it gets dark.

Karen

Karen
28-10-05, 21:32
It is happening again. I know it is so stupid and I should go an see who it is but I am scared. I have a horrible feeling about it.

Why won't they go away and leave me alone?

I just start to think they've gone away and the bell rings again.

Karen

Karen
28-10-05, 22:00
Think they've gone now... but what if they come back again?

Karen

Karen
28-10-05, 22:33
There was a car again and it definitely wasn't kids.

I didn't want to turn the light off because then whoever it was would know I am here.

I tried to make myself go downstairs to look through the spyhole but I just got scared and couldn't move.

Although it could be Dad I'm not sure anymore. If it is him he is scaring me and freaking me out by doing this. I know I haven't been answering the phone either but he could text and I was replying to his text messages when he sent them.

I need K.

Karen

trac67
28-10-05, 22:43
Hi Karen,
Could you just text your dad and ask him if it was him calling hun, at least then if it was you wont be so worried.
If it keeps happening at the same time every evening could you not get a friend to come by so they are there at that time so you can find out who it is?

Dont panic Karen and Take care hun,

Love Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Karen
28-10-05, 22:48
Hi Trac

I don't really want to contact dad, particularly if it is him doing this. The situation there is very difficult at the moment, due to faults on both sides I know.

I would ask Jac to come round but it is difficult for her with her daughter and it has been at different times of night. I can't really expect her to spend all evening round here on the off chance of it happening again.

Everything seems quiet again now but I am now so jumpy that the slightest noise starts me panicking again.

Karen

trac67
28-10-05, 22:53
Karen,
Could you get your brother to ask your dad for you hun.

Is there a window you can look from to get the car registration when it happens, this way you could trace them through the police if you don't recognise them.

Take Care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Karen
28-10-05, 23:52
Hi Trac

Thanks for replying. Maybe I can see if my brother knows anything tomorrow. It's too late to ring him now as I don't want to wake the baby up.

They seem to have gone now for tonight and I've taken the batteries out of the door bell.

I was too scared to look out of the window in case I was seen. It is really dark round here as my front door leads out to a parking area with no street lights.

Karen

Karen
09-11-05, 20:06
Thanks to everyone who originally replied to this post.

I now know it was Dad who kept calling round and ringing my doorbell constantly, which caused me so much panic and fear.

On Monday night he put a note through my door. He said he has been clearing the house of 'junk' and unless I ring him or go round to see him like any 'good daughter' would have done before now, he has some of my things in the house which he is going to take to the rubbish tip.

To be honest I don't even really care anymore but then I feel terribly guilty for not ringing him or going to see him recently. He makes me feel like I am the worst person on earth because I wouldn't lie for him to help him cheat my stepmum out of her share of the house and because I haven't been in touch with him to see how he is.

I have tried for so long to be the daughter he wants me to be but nothing is ever good enough and now I no longer have the strength to do this anymore.

I don't know what to do. I don't care if he take my stuff to the tip but I still feel guilty that I have not be in contact. But then I feel I need my space from him and letting him back in now will just make things worse.

Should I give in and contact him? Or should I stay away?

Karen

pinkscrumpy
09-11-05, 20:11
Hi Karen

Just wanted to let you know i'm still thinking of you, even though i don't reply.

Take care

love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Piglet
09-11-05, 20:23
Do what you want to do and whats best for you at this time - and don't spend anytime feeling guilty about it.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
09-11-05, 20:46
Thanks for your support Mandie.

Karen

Karen
09-11-05, 20:51
Hi Piglet

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Do what you want to do and whats best for you at this time - and don't spend anytime feeling guilty about it.
<div align="right">Originally posted by Piglet - 09 November 2005 : 19:23:04</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
The problem is I do feel guilty, I suppose because if I am completely honest I don't really want to get in contact with him. Whenever I speak to Dad he usually criticises or puts me down over something and makes me feel worse.

K said I don't need to do anything and am not responsible for him, and she has asked me in the past what I get from maintaining contact with him. I suppose I feel I have failed because no matter what I do he can't accept me the way I am and I can't be the perfect daughter he wants me to be. I also feel guilty about being the cause of yet another split in the family.

Maybe I am better on my own and staying away from all my family at present.

Karen