PDA

View Full Version : Ok, this is probably the stupidest question I have ever asked but...

pd
20-09-09, 21:38
I feel ridiculous even asking this, but here goes...

I have been eating a lot of bananas recently, because I had very little food i n the house except two big bunches of bananas and very little money until I get my student loan. I've eaten probably about 15 over the last three days. Earlier my housemate remarked that you can get potassium poisoning from eating too many bananas. I'm guessing that would be a hell of a lot more than 15 over 3 days, but I don't want to look it up, because, well, you know why.

Anyone put my mind at rest?

Sorry.:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::b lush::blush::blush::blush:

choccychompa
20-09-09, 21:40
Bless you. x
You'd have to eat hundreds in a day I reckon. xxxx

JohnLuke300
20-09-09, 21:49
You would have to eat a lot more than 15 bananas a day to get potassium poisoning. I would be more concerned with the fact that you are not getting a balanced diet. A few days eating only one source of food is not dangerous providing you don't make a habit of it. On the other hand if you continue to eat 15 bananas a day you might turn into an ape. :D

All the best

John

PanicOver!!
20-09-09, 21:50
I just looked it up for you
apparently you can eat up to 8 a day as long as you don not take any potassium supliments
Monkees eat nothing else and it has not done them any harm

pd
20-09-09, 21:59
Thank you so much everyone! I thought it would be something like that, but once the thought was planted in my mind it wouldn't leave me alone, and of course, google is not my friend so I try to stay away!!

(I did balance my diet... ish... I've also had 9p noodles and 4 youghurts I found in the back of the fridge about to reach their expiry date)

I'm a fool lol.

PanicOver!!
20-09-09, 22:02
you are not a fool

Im sure if we all look up our symptoms we only find the bad stories
good old Dr Google

Maj
20-09-09, 22:10
Eat and enjoy your bananas. If nothing else they are good for you. You'd have to eat dozens of them before they harmed you. You could do your body an awful lot worse harm by eating loads of fats and clogging you arteries.
Myra:)

justbananas
20-09-09, 23:26
bananas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay

Fran74
20-09-09, 23:37
Keep enjoying your bananas they r good for you -:)

kazzie
21-09-09, 14:03
Hi:D

Im sure the bannanas will do you no harm Im more concerned about the fact you have no money for food:doh:

Surely there must be an emergency fund for students in your situation???

If not and you want some cheapies Tesco and Sainsburys do pretty good cheap bits, even a glass of milk would help balance your diet!!!

Hope you get sorted soon:hugs:

Kaz