PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety related adrenaline

peter34uk
20-09-09, 23:24
I suffer from this alot. Its the main cause of my sinus tachicardia im sure off it.

Feel it in my stomach and chest most times every day.

Does anyone feel the same and how do you get urs down?

j2
21-09-09, 03:22
I feel the same but I don't have a reliable to bring it down except wait and hope.

ronski
21-09-09, 18:04
Hi Peter

Yes you certainly can feel anxiety in your chest and stomach. It is certainly not a plesent sensation and in my experience takes time to solve. The only way to get rid of it is to drop your anxiety levels. So if you know what makes you anxious try and sort it and then use relaxation techniques. One thing that may be causing your problems is a condition caused CHS (chronic hyperventilation syndrome) This is a nervous overbreathing that is responsible for major anxiety, panic attacks, palpitations and accelerated heart rates. if your resting respiratory rate is more than 16 breaths a min then that may be the cause of your raised adrenaline levels. Do not confuse it with the acute hyperventilation, this is a more subtle and disabiling condition and can make you exercise intolerant to a huge degree. Can you hold your breath for any given amout of time. If you cant this may be the cause?

Ron

peter34uk
21-09-09, 22:27
Hi Peter

Yes you certainly can feel anxiety in your chest and stomach. It is certainly not a plesent sensation and in my experience takes time to solve. The only way to get rid of it is to drop your anxiety levels. So if you know what makes you anxious try and sort it and then use relaxation techniques. One thing that may be causing your problems is a condition caused CHS (chronic hyperventilation syndrome) This is a nervous overbreathing that is responsible for major anxiety, panic attacks, palpitations and accelerated heart rates. if your resting respiratory rate is more than 16 breaths a min then that may be the cause of your raised adrenaline levels. Do not confuse it with the acute hyperventilation, this is a more subtle and disabiling condition and can make you exercise intolerant to a huge degree. Can you hold your breath for any given amout of time. If you cant this may be the cause?

Ron

well some of what u say makes sense. But ive also been exercise intolerant. i would go for a short run say, get down to the bottom of the road and have to stop. Chest feeling very tight, like if u have a little asthma(which i dont suffer from) and pulse racing. However lately thats not been the case and im trying little by little to improve.