PDA

View Full Version : Continuous pain under left arm...

phoenixashes
21-09-09, 08:28
I'm sure some of you have read my previous posts about this pain I have had under my arm for the last 7 or so months. Tonight, however, I am having a panic attack like I used to have when it was really bad for me, with the hard time breathing and irregular heartbeat and nauseous feeling and everything.

Under my arm has been sore for... well, a long time. And this week (even though it's the week before my period, which logically tells me that everything breast-related - that spot included - is a lot more tender than usual) it has been acting up and being relatively pretty painful. I took a big step for me and went to the clinic about 3 weeks before my medical insurance kicked in because I just couldn't take it anymore and had to know. I was convinced it was breast cancer, or lymphoma or something along those lines. The RN there saw me on an off day from the pain and what I think is also some swelling. She said she felt absolutely no abnormalities, and there was nothing alarming about the breast tissue or the lymph node itself - in fact, she said she couldn't even feel the node. In my logical, rational brain, I know that I am overreacting. But in the rest of my brain, I am freaking out because it's been there for so long. The pain comes and goes, as does the swelling, and is worse at some times than others. Some days there is no pain and everything feels perfectly fine, some days it hurts like crazy even to put my arm down with pressure. The RN told me to stop shaving and putting deodorant on right away because that might have something to do with it, so I have tried doing that but it hasn't gone away. I only stopped doing that after I saw her about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago, but I am still worried. I don't know what to do, I just want it to go away.

*sigh* Late nights always leave me worse for wear