PDA

View Full Version : Loss of energy

Brownie
21-01-04, 22:36
Hi all,

I have just been experiencing such a loss of energy i guess it has to do a lot with depression and the anxiety. I can't seem to get myself to get out of bed and do anything besides watch tv or come on the computer, Even the most simple things make me feel so tired like just doing the dishes me shake a lot and it just tires me out even though i havent done anything strenuous the whole day, i really dont understand it, it may be my meds but i was just wondering if anyone has felt this way at one point or another.

-Christie[:I]

sadie
21-01-04, 22:40
Hi Christine,

I am sorry to hear that youv'e been feeling a bit under the weather lately, but sometimes anxiety and depression can make you feel this way.

You mentioned that you are on medication? which one?

The other things that you should consider is, how much sleep are you getting each night, how well are you eating and are you taking any vitamins etc?

Take care

sadie

Meg
21-01-04, 22:44
Its very common Christie in the acute phase of depression and anxiety.

I look forward to your answers to Sadies questions.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Brownie
22-01-04, 04:47
Hey guys,
thanks a lot for the input. Sadie, the meds that i am on are celexa, which is an anti-depressant, I am also on xanax xr which is a new form of xanax which you take everyday and it lasts all day long which helps a lot, and my doctor also has me on lithium which is for manic depressives i dont really think i need to be on lithium because i do not believe i am manic depressive but i'm scared to get off of it because i dont want to go through withdrawels. (yeah i'm over medicated huh,lol;)). I usually don't go to sleep until 3 or 4 am, and dont wake up till around 12 in the afternoon, which i know is horrible, But i get so tired around like 6 pm and i wind up taking a nap which makes it even harder to get to sleep at night. I just wan't to get my life back in oreder, i want to feel confident enough to get a job again and not be so afraid of having an attack, and i just fell like it's not going to happen.
Sadie, I don't take any vitamins, do you suggest anything? and do you know if they will have an effect with my meds??? and my last question (lol i know i feel like im writing a book:))are you on any meds?

Meg
22-01-04, 08:04
Hi Christie,

Yes you are probably overmedicated and that is contributing to your lethargy . You are having 7/8 hours sleep plus a nap- just at strange times and on those sorts of meds that is not unreasonable. I wonder whether it has anything to do with the time of day you take your meds ..

Are you having CBT or other therapy to deal with the issues so when you come off your meds you'll be more prepared ?

You are probably in real need of supplements . A good mineral and vitamin is essential such as Maximol from Neways - buy off internet , plus a 50mg Vit B supplement and an Omega 3 oil supplement too.

Take care

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

diana
22-01-04, 15:24
Hiya Christie,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling yourself right now. Remember though this to shall pass. I have been like the way you say you are feeling a couple of times in my life too. It passes, you will get through it to, and you will get your life back. Just follow the suggestions and advice given above it is good advice. Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on. Here`s to hoping you are feeling better soon :), Keep ya chin up!!!!!

Take care dear,

Diana xxxx

sadie
22-01-04, 19:30
Hi Christie,

I am know way a doctor but I would think they you are taking too many meds which as Meg says will be causing the tiredness etc. I think you should go back to your GP and tell hime how you are feeling and see what he thinks. You should write down all your symptoms and feelings etc before you go for your appt, that way you wont forget anything while you are there.

If the doctor does suggest lowering the dose of one of your meds, he/she will make sure that your dosage is reduced slowly to prevent any withdrawals.

Meg gives good advice about the vitamins you should be taking to help you feel more energetic and healthy whilst your nerves are under stress. They dont interfere with your current meds either.

As for me, well I did take some Effexor for a couple of months but decided to try and cope without them as i have never really felt comfortable taking meds of any kind. It is my own personal choice and I know that meds do really help people get their lives back on track but I just felt I could cope on my own. You do whats best for you!!

Hope you are feeling a bit better and keep us posted on how you are feeling.:)

Take care

sadie

bananarbabe
23-01-04, 05:00
Hi Christie,

I was on Celexa as well and it was a challenge for me to get up and be productive. I got tired just going downstairs and doing my laundry. But as I read more of the posts here I made myself gradually get up and do something more. Also, counseling helped me as well and I think it helped a lot in getting me off the meds. I decided I didn't want the meds anymore and that I wanted to focus more on non-medication treatment. You'll get through it.

Chris

Brownie
23-01-04, 18:39
hi Chris,

If you don't mind me asking, how long were you on celexa? I was on it for about 2 years and i was practicaly panic free for about 4 yers with just minor attacks. So this past september i got off of it graadually, I did'nt feel very well for a couple of weeks after but i guess thats normal. Then in eaarly november my panic came back and it came back full force so my doc put me back on it.

Meg
23-01-04, 18:42
Christie,

So about 6/8 weeks later ? Thats about how long it takes to get out of your system.

Meg

Brownie
24-01-04, 08:01
Meg,

No, it did'nt take that long. It only took about a month to get out of my system, at least thats when all the dizziness and wierd vision stopped which were the after effects of getting off of the celexa. And i wass fine off of them for about a month and then out of the blue one morning i had a horrible attack and ever since then my anxiety has been crazy.

bananarbabe
25-01-04, 05:16
Hi Brownie,

My body did not react well with the Celexa so I was on it for about three weeks on the lowest dosage. I felt like I jumped the gun on deciding to go on medications so I went off and doing okay.

Chris