PDA

View Full Version : Hi

tiffuk
21-09-09, 12:55
Just thought i'd say hi.
I'm new to all this, only been suffering for 3 weeks now. It all started when I got these pains in my chest and down my left arm. I was convinced I ws having a heart attack, so went straight to A+E had and ECG and evrything was fine.
The night after the pains got worse, so went back again did another ECG and blood tests, Plus a chest Xray ( I had a baby 6 weeks ago, so wanted to rule out blood clot)
They settled for a few days and then got worse, I just kept getting in such a panic! so off I went again to A+E. But again everything fine. They kept saying it was my muscles.
3 weeks on and the pains are alot better, but I just don't feel right.I'm convinced something bad is going to happen and I am going to die and miss out on my children growing up. I'm drving myself mad. I keep feeling really spaced out and getting little pains everywhere and this morning woke up feeling really dizzy. But i don't know if its just the anxiety. I went to the doctors and they are doing more tests to find out whats causing it, i just can't stop the thinking that soon I'm going to die and this is my bodys way of telling me.
Anyway the doctor has giving me some tablets to try calm me down to see if it helps in anyway. ( i don't really want to take them tho)

I want to feel better soon, I want to enjoy having my baby. I'm missing out on so much because i can't think of anything else. I wish i could switch these thoughts off! I'm sick of being scared.:weep:

barbn
21-09-09, 13:58
First, I think this is more common than you know. Your hormones and just wacked out after having a baby and anxiety/depression is common. I went through it many years ago when I had my daughter - it was terrible.

Yes, your symptoms can be induced by anxiety! You'd be amazed at what anxiety can do to your body! The tests your Dr's are running will rule out anything serious (I doubt it is anything serious).

This fear of dying is common - I had the same thing. As long as you are not breastfeeding your baby I would try to take the pills - they may make you feel better!!! And we are all here for you!!!

tiffuk
21-09-09, 14:25
Thank you, It helps to know that i'm not the only person out there.
I was convinced I was going mad!

jue67
21-09-09, 16:45
HI
Just wanted to say I started out with exactly the same things, although i never got to a Dr until much later, my advice would be to work on this, i know its hard with a baby but you need to relax as this in my opinion works good but you have to keep to it and know that it will end. You will be able to enjoy your baby dont worry, take your time, have a routine and it will come.
if you want to chat you can pm me lol as you sound just like me.

hope your okay, just recognise that anxiety can do major things to your body and your thoughts follow!! its anxiety hon, trust that and things will change.

jools