PDA

View Full Version : Facial tingling and numbness, eye twitch

gracesophia
21-09-09, 16:34
Hi everyone,

I'm serial health worrier - I always have been but have had a particularly worrisome year with lots of unexplained symptoms (that have mostly disappeared!) - aching joints, mouth ulcers etc.

For the last two months I have had one of those annoying eye twitches under my right eye pretty constantly. For the last month the right side of my face has been tingly from when I wake up. It sometimes spreads to the left side of my face but is always on the right.

I thought it could be anxiety but it seems strange that it is there from when I wake up. I then started worrying about MS but I don't have any other symptoms.

I've had a stuffy nose and sore throat most of this year, and my sinuses have been really blocked for the last few weeks. Do you think the tingling and twitching could be a result of pressure on nerves from blocked sinuses?

I'm worrying about MS and also about some kind of brain or facial nerve tumour.

I have also been on 10mg of citalopram since January. I know tingling can be a side effect, but this didn't kick in for the first few months of taking it..

Also, does anyone else on citalopram drink alcohol. I have been doing so without really thinking about it (not a lot), and now worried I might have done myself damage :-/

j2
02-10-09, 15:28
I am having very similar problems and it is really scary. I wake up with half my body feeling sort of numb. I have also had an eye twitch on the same side. I don't really feel anxious but I am getting worried. This has been going on for a few days now.