PDA

View Full Version : coughing up blood

mattc15
21-09-09, 16:54
hi everyone 22 male here. i have been sick coughing up green phlegm for the past 2 or 3 days. just this morning i noticed that i was coughing up blood along with the mucus. i had to leave work because i was so concerned. what can this possibly be?

den68
21-09-09, 16:57
im no doctor so cant say but my mum had it and had chest infection and anti biotics sorted her out but you must visit your doctor. If you need anti biotics the sooner you take them the better

Maj
21-09-09, 17:06
Hi,

Sounds like you could have a chest infection. An antibiotic should help. Best get it checked out though.

Myra:)

Desprate Dan
21-09-09, 17:37
Hi Mattc,

I have had this in the past too.. How much blood exactly?? i noticed when i was coughing up mucus there was specs of blood mixed with this like others said its more likely to be a chest infection than anything more serious, the doctor explained to me that coughing can cause strain on the lining of the lungs/chest which can get sore and bleed you could be coughing up small bits of blood from a recent chest infection..

Dan

Panic33
21-09-09, 23:09
I've coughed up specs of blood before when had a chest infection. Worth getting it checked tho.