PDA

View Full Version : Echocardiogram

cricketjar
21-09-09, 17:38
I was just wondering if anyone on here has had an echocardiogram test done before? Im due to have one on the 7th of october and I am anxious what the whole procedure is like. I dont want to google the procedure because i dont want to read anything that will worry me about it. I have had an ECG before but this is different its half hour long. Any replies that wont make me scared would be great. Thanks

James:)

nickieb
21-09-09, 19:14
Is summary an echo is basically an ultrasound of the heart. The echo will look at the function and the valves, highlighting circulation & blood flow & is used to highlight cardiovascular diseases.

I hope that helps? Its an free & quick x

Maj
21-09-09, 19:23
It's totally painless and a great chance to get some reassurance that everything's okay!

Myra:)

cricketjar
21-09-09, 19:47
Thank you for your responses nickieb and myra i really appreciate it. I just needed reassurance as i wasn't sure on the procedure.:)

James

nomorepanic
21-09-09, 20:03
It is a bit boring lol

I had one last year and you just lay there for ages covered in jelly lol (not real jelly I hasten to add lol)

kathee
21-09-09, 20:36
piece of cake ... rather like the scan's they do on mums to be cept it is done on your chest ....finding parking at the hospital is the most painful aspect of the whole procedure :-)

chantelle
21-09-09, 21:52
Had one done last year as my dad has hypertrophic-cardiomyapathy and it is genetic but was ok. Totally painless and facinating to watch!!!
Good luck.

cricketjar
21-09-09, 22:10
Thanks guys. This is why i love this site because people are just so understanding. Im sure it will be ok just was a little anxious cos i fear stuff to do with the heart. I guess the jelly stuff will be freezing.:ohmy:

Kathee i know what you mean about the parking its so annoying and exspensive. Thanks guys:D

James