PDA

View Full Version : Testicles

boy
27-10-05, 17:45
Was just idly feeling them when relaxing earlier and under the left one I dunno seemed harder in an area towards the back of the bottom of it then soft more towards the gets harder towards the back.

Can I add I've never felt there in much detail so I can't say if it newly feels lik that. Can't even for sure find the area again just think I've come back to the right place if I'm madly trying to find and feel again for reassurance.

I had a great big check up on them and an ultrascan in March 2004 after I got worried about them (varicose veins, didn't know that before tho). The original tesicle worry is what started me off into my descent into full blown health anxiety and although I didn't think about them muh because I was found to be fine I now think hey, that was just over 18 months ago (last doctor felt them 17 months ago in last session) and I'm just off on one again wondering if I've developed the start of cancer since then. I looked on google I know it's a no no but I needed more info coz I was so instantly panicky :(

I don't know what there is to say they're not aching at present but I can get them to if I think about them and they ached terribly before I had them look in that series of appointments nearly 2 years ago. Anyone else like this/ever been like this?

rhowes2000
27-10-05, 19:13
Very sorry I cant help you but would just like to say it's a massive worry of mine as well. I am so scared of it I never check them which I know is very bad, i'm just so petrified of finding a lump. Good luck, really hope things improve for you.

leslie_ve
27-10-05, 19:27
hi i found a lump when i was 14 im now 22 and still here...i did get it checked said was ok however the lump is still there and it can hurt a little at times so im sure ur ok if been checked

boy
27-10-05, 19:56
Do u have varicose veins? That was my diagnosis last year.

Spudgun
27-10-05, 23:09
Hi all,

I registered on this forum just to make this post!

boy, I know exactly how you feel. I was exactly the same up until early this year. I've been to the doctors a few times over the last 5 years about different things I've found 'down there'

I'd come across something and panic, straight to the docs thinking I had cancer.

However, I've had one piece of advice from my doctor, which I backed up looking on the net (just for the record I NEVER do that any more. It's not good!). The last time he told me everying was fine, he explained what each bit was I was feeling. Also, the testicles are individual from person to person. He said that the next time I had a bath, have a really good examination and then remember it. Its drastic changes you are looking for, not just any old lump. I've got lumpy bits all around, but now I just check once a month. Nothing has changed, great!

I don't know how else to put it into words, but it has really helped me. Now I can get on and worry about everything else!;)

boy
28-10-05, 01:23
Thanks very much spudgun! :) That was very good of you to register just for that post! :D All the best, cheers.

meatybuddy
28-10-05, 15:33
hi boy

i have never found a lump on my testicle but i found a lump on the tube going down to it and made me instantly have a panic attack i phoned nhs direct up straight away as my gp surgery isnt open on fridays and they asid to wai until mondat and make an appointment to go and c them- the nhs direct nurse said to try and not worry but thats easier said than done.

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just finding it thats the hard part

boy
28-10-05, 22:26
When I had it checked out after my first bout of worry it was a Sunday and I was in a clinic I was given the number to by the NHS helpline that evening. I suggest you try that route. Too right easier said than done :(

christian
29-10-05, 00:29
Don't worry. Someone as attentive to his testicles as you will notice if there is a real problem. They (or it) would hurt, be enlarged or hard etc.
Worrying about them obssesively may just create "imaginary" pains and/or soreness. It's not such a big deal. I've known two people who had testicular cancer. It was detected during a routine medical examination and they had the offending ball removed. Problem solved.

Canada Girl
31-10-05, 02:34
Not that I know anything about testicles.....but about 3 years ago my husband had an achey left testicle and he thought he felt a lump. He did see our family doctor who did an exam and sent him for an ultrasound. Nothing abnormal was discovered and within a few months everything had returned to normal and he's had no problems since. As a woman, if I felt a lump in my breast I would have it checked out so I would suggest a lump in your testicle should warrant the same concern. Not that I want you to panic (or anyone else for that matter) but if that is what it takes to put your mind at ease so be it. Good luck.

mjh74
31-10-05, 10:04
Hi Boy,

I have been through this fear more than once too. I would get periods where one testicle would ache for days and sometimes weeks, too painful to touch infact! It used to eventually go but the same thing could happen with the other one too. I decided to try and wear some more supportive underwear and don't seem to have the problem since or at least not to the same degree. I check them now and again and they seem to feel realtively normal. I did work myself up into quite a state about it at the time so I understand your concern.

Mark

boy
31-10-05, 16:56
You all must have read my mind coz I suddenly started worrying about this again this morning :(

boy
31-10-05, 18:16
I'm a wreck here this feels like the beginning of the end of my sex life. My right testicle's half the size and I'm sure it's coz of an accident I had when I'm 11, so for me it's not a simple case of removing the troublesome testicle and using the right one, coz that one's tiny and I don't even know if it works. I feel like killing myself now although I won't do that but I'm in such a state, all the while having to try and cry quietly so my flatmates don't hear.

boy
31-10-05, 19:06
All the self examination instructions say to be on the look out for lumps on the sides and maybe the front. What I'm worried about is on the underside. What should I be thinking?

boy
01-11-05, 01:14
I think I know what it is from anatomical diagrams.

mjh74
01-11-05, 10:33
At the back where the string thingies attach is all lumpy and weird for me and also VERY sensitive to the touch. I've noticed that mine seem a lot more sensitive to taps etc than other peoples but try not to think about it. I'm 31 years old and still here afterall and this started for me in my late teens!

Mark

boy
01-11-05, 12:35
Is that the bottom at the back of them too?

boy
02-11-05, 12:43
Going in for a doctor's appointment in a couple of hours. I'm so scared and I'm talking to my mum on msn and she doesn't know about this worry and I don't know if there's gonna be a bombshell or not. I can't take it, the suspense, guilt and fear are too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

boy
02-11-05, 18:06
It's fine, and on my way out I registered with the counsellor and booked a session.

nomorepanic
02-11-05, 20:12
Great news

Glad all is ok for you.

Good luck with the counsellor too - let us know how it goes.

Nicola

boy
03-11-05, 22:09
Erm, why does it say I posted today at 1:07 when I last posted yestersay?

nomorepanic
03-11-05, 22:11
You edited your post today. Did you go into it and re-save it?

Nicola

boy
04-11-05, 00:37
Opps that'll be it! Forgot about that! Noticed I'd mis-spelled counsellor!