PDA

View Full Version : Depression

Brownie
21-01-04, 22:38
Hi all,

Do a lot of you guys suffer from depression as well as anxiety? Because both usually go hand in hand with me and it just really sucks(for lack of a better word lol)it just makes the panic worse!

-Christie[:I]

Meg
21-01-04, 22:41
About 60% of anxiety usually ends up with associated depression if it goes on for a length of time.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Buby
21-01-04, 23:48
hi christie.

i feel depressed since monday but thats not due to my panics thats to do with something that i cant have, well im not sure if i can have it really. but im still really depressed i havent been this depressed in months. i have only been depressed once before and that lasted about 2 weeks and i didnt know what was wrong with me really but i do now. You'll get over it.

hugs Rachel xx

Charlotte
22-01-04, 09:37
Hi Christie,

I am a new member and I was really suffering with depression on top of anxiety last week. I couldn't stop crying and the world seemed full of doom.

I found things like watching 'Friends' videos (or whatever makes you smile) or taking my dog for a walk really helped. Make sure you get plenty of fresh air and day light, it sounds silly but these things can really make a difference.

Hope you start to feel more positive
Charlotte x

Lottie32
22-01-04, 13:40
The good news is that depression can be helped by treating along the same lines as anxiety.

Exercise, diet, fresh air/daylight, CBT/counselling etc will all help, as will certain meds.

However I find that my depression lifts as my anxiety levels lower. Vicious circle I know, but hopefully as you tackle one area, the other will improve.

Good luck

Charlie

diana
22-01-04, 15:03
Hiya Christie,

I too go through bouts of depression, which like you say makes the anxiety/panic worst. I am going through a depressed time right now over my 18 year old daughters decision making for her future. She has left home with no direction and I am terrified that I have lost her forever. Rachel if you don`t mind my asking what can`t you have? If you don`t want to answer I`ll understand. Let`s all keep our chins up, keep trying to move forward even if we don`t feel like it. We`ll get through it :).

Take care all,

Diana xxxx

Laurie28
22-01-04, 15:10
Diana,

I'm sorry your 18 year old daughter is still causing you great distress. Hopefully she will go and have a good think and decide what is best for her. I'm sure she will come back and have a good talk to you when she is ready but until then kep as positive as you can.
I'm thinking of you

Take care
lucky

jonny
22-01-04, 15:21
Scared,

I doubt this is really going help you at all and i am sure you have heard it all before but as far as teenagers are concerned there is very little you can do to keep them on course. Again its easy for me to say but you really shouldn't let her get you down as she will surely find her own way sooner or later, at that age i think we did exactly what we wanted very rarely heeded well intentioned, experienced advice ourselves. Very upsetting and frustrating though.

Going back on topic, i have suffered with depression/anxiety and panic almost combined for about 10 years so i know it comes hand in hand...sometimes i find it hard to distinguish between the seperate conditions and i think i am beginning to beleive that i am just a miserable git!! :-)

I used to be extremely indecisive but now I am not so sure...

Laurie28
22-01-04, 15:24
Hiya Jonny,

I'm sure your not just a miserable git!!

How are you feeling at the moment? Never heard from you for a wee while

Lucky

Buby
22-01-04, 15:43
scared:im depressed because im in love. and i cant have him cause we havent spoken since august. and its just getting me down. i know its not a crush. but thats why im depressed and my mum wont let me go out so im depressed because of that too.

hugs rachelxx

Laurie28
22-01-04, 15:46
rachel,

Why will your mum not let you go out??
(You don't have to answer if you don't want to)

Lucky

Buby
22-01-04, 15:49
she wont let me go out cause ive got to help my sis with paper round and i bet my sis wont even pay me. i know thats nothing to be depressed about but its got me down cause i havent been out in a week.

hugs rachel xx

Laurie28
22-01-04, 15:51
Rachel,

Have you sat down and talked to your mum about it?

lucky

Buby
22-01-04, 15:53
no im ignoring her at the moment. and i dont feel i can talk to her cause she'll just have a go saying that she has to do everything. so theres not much point.

sarah
22-01-04, 16:00
Hiya Rach

Why dont you do a deal with you sis, you know, get her to pay you whatever is fair and that way, your sis gets the help, your mum is happy with you and you get to go out.
When in doubt, be a suck up...lol

love Sarah
xx

diana
22-01-04, 16:55
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the posts. Every little bit helps, I appreciate all of your thoughts on this. You guys have helped so much with not only the anxiety/panic but also with my 18 year olds woes. Thanks again for your support.

Rach, I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time. If you don`t mind my asking how old are you? I know being in love and not being able to be with the one we love can be quite painful. Does your mum approve or disapprove of that relationship? Maybe after things cool down you could have a chat with your mum about how you are feeling, and maybe come to a reasonable compromise. It`s worth a try, nothing to lose ey? Jonny I am sure you are not a "MISERABLE GIT", but rather a person like ourselves that suffer this disorder and feel at times there is no end to it, but with our friends here we can get through this and we all will "TOGETHER"!!!!!

Thanks again everyone,

Love Diana xoxoxo

Samantha
22-01-04, 18:23
Ji everyone, i never realised there were so many people feeling like this.
I've been feeling depressed on and off since july but recently its been almost everyday since end of November, i eat a balance diet and do exercise but i just feel as though everything in my head is weighing me down and theres no one i can talk to, coz ppl don't understand, they say your too young to be thinking like that. I get on well with my family but i find it hard to explain my feelings to them and i don't want to worry them. Sometimes i just wonder why i bother doing the stuff i do because it will all end in the same result.
Lately i've been seeking solitude and don't even feel like talking to people, everything justs seems stressful, and i am soo irritable at the moment.
I do agree that friends is a good show to take your mind off things.
Sam

Buby
22-01-04, 20:40
hi diana.

im 14. it is painful being in love and this is my first time and i can tell the difference that its not just a crush.Its like i want to cry but cant and i want to be held and kissed and talked to be this person. My mum doesnt know im in love and its going to stay that way, until maybe i get to go out with him. He did speak to me today but not that much but its better than nothing, well it is to me anyway..lol. ive been out with this person before but i was really quiet around him so i broke it off...several times but i think i could really open up to him now.

hugs Rachel xxx

diana
23-01-04, 01:31
Hiya Rach,

Sorry to hear about your painful situation. I know this time in anyones life can be hard. Are his feelings mutual to your own? Does your mum know this young man? Good to hear he spoke to you today if only for a moment or two. I hope this problem is resolved for you soon. You may be surprised as to how understanding your mum could be about this situation if you gave her a chance, as women we all know how that first love is and try to help our daughters through the ordeal if we are able to. Maybe try to feel your mum out, with some prompting questions just to see how she reacts and go from there. I think you would feel much better if you were able to share this with her. Of course you always have us, do keep posting to let us know how things are getting on. Good luck!!!!! Hey Rach , how old is he? If you don`t wanna answer that is fine.

Take care dear,

Love,

Diana xxxxx

bananarbabe
23-01-04, 04:54
Can any of you guys tell me what the symptoms of depression are? My psychologist thinks I might be suffering from depression in addition to my anxiety. I'm meeting with a psychologist next week to get a diagnosis and would like to be more educated before my appointment.

Thanks,

Chris

jonny
23-01-04, 13:01
Lucky,

Thanks, its nice to know people notice when i am not around! I ain't been to good lately, hence my lack of interaction on here or in the chat room. I always think these kind of groups are there to spread positive comments and attitudes and right now i am all out of them so i stay away so as not to spread doom and gloom. No doubt i will be on the up soon, surely the trough of this wave can't last forever!

BTW, i would love to hear anyones thoughts on this one :

My mum left me when i was 2 yrs old, and now she is knocking on my door ( not literally ) - what do i do? I am so scared!
Help!!

Jon

Laurie28
23-01-04, 13:46
Jonny,

This site is for support, if you feel bad we are here to offer advice or just listen whatever you want - god knows i have posted some dreary posts and more often than not i read the replies and I feel better. No my problems don't go away but it all helps.

Pls don't think you can't post because you are not happy and upbeat.

The question on your mother is very difficult and i can't really answer it.

I can say though - Do you want to listen to what she has to say? Will you always be wondering what she wanted or will it be too hard to rake up the past?

I have a bit of a dilemma myself along the same lines (but not so involved) My mother put her son up for adoption (she was 15) he would be my full brother as he was also my dad's baby. my sister wants to look for him - I don't. Don't get me wrtong I would love to know him but I couldn't do it to my mother - It would kill her. i also couldn't ask him to get involved in my family (ie my mother is VERY messed up)

Anyway only you can decide - would our kids like to know her?

A very difficult one Jonny bu best of luck and Take Care whatever you decide and pls post if you are having any problems at all (or have anyhing good to tell us)

Love
lucky

pauline
23-01-04, 13:58
Hi Jon

I can only reply to what i might have done about my mother. I was put in children's home from the day i was born my mother just had kids after kids and could not look after them. Long story but the past year i have found my sister and half brother. Things are not turning out how i would like but i do not regret finding them as my sister has told me alot about my mother and our history. The thing is its to late for me my mother died 2 years ago. So i never got to meet her and thats something that i deeply regret, mostly because i will never get the chance to talk to her to get any answers perhaps i might not of got any but i will now never have the chance. So speaking from my point of view and of course i know nothing about your situation, but perhaps you could meet with her and just see what she wants, and then demending on what you hear you decide what you want to do.

Also we want to hear from people having good times and bad.
I hope things improve for you what ever you decide. Let us know?

Take care
Pauline

pjpriest

jonny
23-01-04, 14:09
Lucky,

Everytime i believe i am alone in my situations someone always comes along with a similar set of circumstances! I always tell people that in a world as big and as populated as ours we are never unique - i suppose i should listen to my own words eh?

My mother is indeed a difficult one, i really don't know what to do or think. I dont really remember her at all and have no feelings, that are my own, towards her whatsoever. I was to young when she left to miss her and to young to build up any hatred for her actions. Its just like she never existed at all. My problem really lies with my daughter, should i get to know my Mum so she can have another grandma? And would it be fair of me to take away her gran should i not wish to build up a relationship with my mum? Is it fair to let my mum meet my daughter and then take her away because i find it too difficult?
My head is spinning, i often wish things would just happen so i don't have to decide because if you wait for me to make my mind up you will be waiting forever!!!

Jon

Laurie28
23-01-04, 14:29
Jonny/Pauline,

Being a mother myself I couldn't imagine life without my kids but things can go wrong and people do indeed make some awful errors and mistakes. We are only human. Pauline I was very saddened by your story
Good Luck

pauline
23-01-04, 18:30
Jon

I would if you could let your mom if she wants to have a relationship with your daughter. As long as your mum is stable and will not hurt your daughter as it is your resonsibility to your daughter that you protect her. Only you know your mum, you do not have to have a relationship with your mother, as long as your are polite that is all that matters. But for your daughter's sake then try as i'm sure children do need grandparents.

Its true what you say about not knowing your mum and not having any feelings one way or the other for her. I never hated my mother because i never new her. Only what i was told which was never very nice and now i have been told that she was as bad, but well thats another story and far to long for me to explain on here.

take care
pauline

pjpriest

Meg
23-01-04, 18:39
Hi Jonny,

You could decide to meet your Mum several times somewhere neutral without involving your daughter and then given some knowledge and gut reactions you'll know whether to extend the invitation to meet your family.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

diana
23-01-04, 20:01
Hiya Jonny/Pauline,

I am sitting here responding to this topic, with tears just flowing down my cheeks. My mom too left me and my dad when I was 5, and I honestly think that is when all of my emotional/psychological problems started. I do not know what to advise on this topic as I have tried on several occassions over the years to make amends with my mother, for that particular reason because she is my mother. However for me it has not been a positive trial, it has brought about even more bitter feelings about that relationship. I have never had a mother either, I don`t know what that mother/daughter bond feels like, although I will say I think it must feel like the relationship I had with my grandma, (my dads mom) who is now deceased. Which her passing just 4 years ago left me devastated. I really don`t have any positive feelings for my mother either, and as a result I think it has affected many different areas in my life, that leaves me still very sad. However Jonny not every experience is like mine, you should perhaps give her a chance to explain her side of what went wrong those many years ago. You may be quite pleasantly surprised as to what really happened or what was going on with her at the time, and atleast in knowing the entire story you can make a decision that will work for all of you. Whatever that decision might be, atleast you can maybe find some closure there one way or the other. Good luck dear. Please come back to post to let us know how all of this is going for you, and don`t stay away just because you are`nt feeling very positive or upbeat. We want to hear from you no matter what you are feeling.

Take care, Love Diana xxxxx

diana
23-01-04, 20:07
Chris,

There are many different degrees of depression, but over all I would say, just from my own personal experience with depression, is that feeling of being hopeless, not wanting to participate in life basically, very tired for no given reason, don`t see any reason or rhyme to your life, etc. etc. etc. these symptoms have been my own personal experiences, but like I said there are different degrees. Good luck at the psychologists appointment. Do post again to let us know how it went.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

jonny
23-01-04, 20:56
Diana,

Thanks for the words, its good to hear from people who have been through the exact same situation. And i really think it is the EXACT SAME thing. I too were brought up ( in mother terms ) by my grandma and she's still there for me when i am at my lowest. In fact i would say that a good chunk of my current problems are brought about by the fact that sooner or later she will be gone and i will be without 'my mother'. Sometimes i have really bad days and it is all because i fear both my gran and my grandad passing away and when it does happen i know my life is going to fall apart big time.
My true mother will never be my mum, too much time as gone by without her. The are no amends to make and i don't really have many questions for her. I dont judge her or hate her for the decisions she made, i suppose we all get to the point where we realize our parents are human too. I just don't know what to do and i wonder if what ever decision i make will make my problems worse.
I suppose this is one thing i just need to work out for myself.

Jon

Buby
23-01-04, 22:16
hi diana,

yeah my mum does know this boy. He's 14 like me and i heard him shout out that i was fit but im not sure if he was just joking around. i hope he wasnt joking. im not sure my mum likes him thi=ough, hes never done anything wrong i just think, she think thats hes not good enough for me.

:(

hugs Rachel xx

diana
24-01-04, 02:47
Hiya Jonny,

You will make the right decision for yourself and your daughter I am sure of it. Whatever it is. I do hope you will find solitude in whatever you decide is right for you and your daughter. I know what you mean about grandma, because in all reality my grandma was my mom, and even though she has gone. I still will always keep her close in my heart, and only have what she gave me to know what a mother`s love is. I wish you all the luck in your decision making. It`s true that one day your gran will be gone but just remember all of the love and care she gave you. That really does mean everything in the end. I truly miss my grandma, she has been gone for 4 years but I still cry every so often, because I truly feel that I have lost my mum, but I still have my dad. He and my grandma raised me and I will always be forever grateful that they stood by me and did that. When my own mother chose to walk out on me and my dad, them (my dad and gran) standing by me means everything in the world to me. Good luck dear. Keep posting to let me know how things get on for you.

Take care dear

Love, Diana xxxx

diana
24-01-04, 02:55
Hiya Rach,

I am glad to hear that he may feel the same as you do. Even if your mum may think he is not good enough for you, she may truly understand what you are feeling. I think you should give her a chance, and try to talk to her about it. Good luck deary. Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on with things, and if you choose to talk to your mum. Let me know how that goes.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Brownie
24-01-04, 08:11
Chris,

As diana replied to you about depresion, thats exactly how it feels. It is just a complete loss for the zest of life, it's a horrible feeling. i've had depression on and off for years now and i'm only 19. I just watcch tv and go on tthe computer all hourss of the night and sleep in very late, really just dont want to do anything!

-Christie[:I]

Lottie32
24-01-04, 11:12
Jonny

Just before my dad died we went a walk, and put the world to rights. He said that he was really grateful cos he was going to die with his family around him, and with no regrets.

Since he's died, I've tried really hard to live my life using his "no regrets" theory. If there is something I'm not sure about, I step back and think "will I regret not doing this later?" if the answer is yes, then no matter how hard it is, I force myself to do whatever it was that was bothering me.

Meet her once on neutral turf,and see what happens. You can then re-evaluate and decide if you want to see her again, and how much you want her involved in your life.

Maybe it would be easier if you didn't think of your mother as your mother. (in that although she may be your birth mother, she has never actually been a mother to you). I fully understand your worry about loosing your gran and grandad. I confided loads in my granny and still miss her terribly, she died in March. Over Xmas, I had loads of thoughts about what would happen if I lost my mum. Then I would be "Orphan Annie", I felt terribly alone and sad, and it was worse cos I don't have a significant other!

Chris - my CBT practitioner has put me down for psychodynamic evaluation after my course of CBT has finished. She thinks this is a good idea, cos I get depressed, and have problems in other areas (i.e. low self esteem). I just think, well there is no point in getting three quarters of the way there with CBT, to fall right back down the ladder again, cos I have some other problems that haven't been addressed!

Hope you are both feeling a bit brighter. The weather is bright sunshine here in the the midlands, its a really fresh wind, quite "up lifting" weather. Infact this morning, I had the mad idea of buying a kite and going flying it! (Big kid or what), but whats the point of living on top of a big hill, if you don't use it to your advantage. Can you forget how to fly a kite? Or is it like riding a bike (don't think I have done either thing for about 20 years)

Love

Charlie

diana
24-01-04, 20:00
Hiya Charlie,

Good theory your dad left you with. I will even start to thinking of that before I make major decisions. I really like that idea "NO REGRETS"!!!! So simple yet so intense ey? Thanks for sharing that. I don`t think you can forget how to fly a kite LOL..... :) Good for you for thinking of doing it, if you can get your hands on one you definitely should go out and try. How freeing that must feel with the weather being just perfect for it. Let us know how it goes if you give it a whirl LOL...... :) Take care all.

Diana xxxx

sarah
26-01-04, 10:55
Hi Guys

Sorry if im gonna put any of you on a downer but i need to get this off my chest!
Do any of you feel that you are making progress or kidding yourself that you are, only for the realisation to come crashing in that its all going pear shaped?
Im stuck in a rut and I feel that im 'cured' as far as i can be and theres no more getting better.
I dont usually have anything more to worry about than anxiety and boredom but this week ive got 2 interviews (scaring the life out of me and I dont think I can do it), bad toothache (cant bring myself to go to the dentist), forms to fill in, a meal to go to tonight and I cant deal with any of it.
Ive promised my hubby that im gonna make more of an effort (we had a real heart to heart last sunday and we arent doing so good together at the moment and its mostly my fault apparently). So......ive decided on a new line of defence - hypnotherapy. Ive just called the woman and completely lost it on the phone, i dont think she could understand what i was saying over a the sobbing and now im sitting here booing like a baby.
All I want to do is crawl back into bed and forget the world, but thats not gonna help me is it?
I know this feeling isnt going to last, but it feels like the end of the world to me at the moment.
Anyway sorry for the moaning but it feels good to get it off my chest so thanx for listening, you guys are great!!!!!

love Sarah
xx

Lottie32
26-01-04, 13:53
HI Sarah

Please don't loose heart. I was very like this over Xmas. I had a good summer, going out clubbing, stopping over at peoples houses (unplanned and spontaneous) and as we have got closer to Xmas I retreated more and more into my old habits. My negative thoughts came back (I can't, I never, I don't etc), and as soon as I thought or was asked to do something "different" my little anxiety nemesis would jump up and go "Oooh you can't do that, what happens if you don't feel very well ...."

I had a terrible time over Xmas, and got thoroughly depresesd, as it became obvious that I had taken one step forward and three million backwards. I reconciled myself that I would be like this for the rest of my life, and would never be "normal" again.

After Xmas, I have calmed down, and taken a step back. I am determined that this year I am going to fight back, no matter how hard it is. I talked to my CBT practioner about it and next week we are going to really concentrate on the cognitive thoughts. (This is going to be the beginning of the end for my anxiety nemesis - he just hasn't realised it yet)

I too like you cannot cope with lots of things at the same time, and you have the sort of week coming up that would throw most people into dissaray, so don't be too hard on yourself. Try and focus on getting through one thing at a time, and if things don't go quite according to plan, don't dwell on it, put the experience into a box, lock it up and throw away the key.

Just because something doesn't go right the first time, doesn't mean that every expericence after that will be a negative one.

I took a huge step back and thought about myself long and hard, and realised that in general, I am starting to make progress. Sometimes though the steps are so small its hard to see the wood for the trees. I have been to see my friend several times in the last month (haven't been down to hers for over two years prior), and can just get in the car and go shopping to Derby now whenever I feel like it. In general, I feel much more "chilled" about lots of little things that used to get my stomach churning.

Try whatever you feel will work for you, so long as you believe that you ARE going to come out of this, and be FINE again

Remember, that having spent three years like this, it will take some time to "retrain" the brain to behave how YOU want it to, and not the other way round.

You say you are stuck in a rut - well look at it another way, if you've got far enough to get stuck in a rut, well thats progress, you are halfway there already. And its better to be stuck in a rut, and not moving on at the minute, than to fall out the rut and plummet back down.

You might just be being too hard on yourself too - TWO job interviews? I've worked here for twelve years, and theres no way I could face ONE, so you have made progress, even if it might not feel like it now.

Take care, and please try not to be too hard on yourself

Love

Charlie

Charlotte
26-01-04, 14:46
Hi Sarah,

I know what you mean about the 'end of the world' feeling. It is that impending sense of doom that starts in your stomach and works its way round the rest of your body. It is a nasty scary feeling that makes everything seem so difficult.

I think it is really important for you to slow everything down, take each challenge a step at a time rather than looking at everything as one big worry.

What steps have you tried to get yourself better? CBT? Medication? Councelling? Relaxation?

I agree with Charlie, I think you are being way to hard on yourself. We all know the feelings of guilt that come with panic attacks and general anxiety but you should also remind yourself that you are having a rough time and that everybody has times when they feel that they can not cope. You are certainly not alone in that respect.

Life should never present problems, only challenges. The things we overcome make us stronger people, no matter how long it takes. This time aroung it may be taking you longer to get over this hill, but you will get there eventually and when you do you can look back at this period and pat yourself on the back for finally overcoming your worries.

Chin up and try to be as positive as you can
Charlotte xxx

diana
26-01-04, 17:24
Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down. Like Charlotte and Charlie mentioned, I think you are being to hard on yourself. you are making progress just by getting on here posting about how you are feeling and recognizing what is causing these feelings. Good for you!!!! We all have feelings of despair, and feeling as if though we will never get any better, but somehow we always do, and you will too. Try not to take the things you are progressing in for granted. Like recognizing the reasons you are feeling so bad, that is big stuff "HUGE" even. Try to put things in order, deal with everything on a one at a a time basis. For example you have a meal you are supposed to attend tonight, well just deal with that for now. Don`t think about the rest right now, not today. Tomorrow if you have nothing else on your agenda, and it is something that can wait till tomorrow focus on getting to the dentist and nothing else just that etc. etc. etc.I hope this helps a bit dear. Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

sarah
28-01-04, 18:44
Hi guys

Ok so its a couple of days after my 'feeling sorry for myself' post and I have to say thankyou Charlie, Charlotte and Diana for your words of encouragement.

Im not completely over the mood but im feeling a lot better. Ive taken your advice on board and sorted everything out, I even went to the dentist that day and it was only an abcess so ive got antibiotics to take (no emergency surgery as my stupid head was telling me...lol).

Ok so the interview is tomorrow at 10am and im trying to ignore that tonight. Why worry now when i can spend all morning worrying tomorrow eh?..lol...will let u all know how i get on...1st interview for 12 years AHHHHHHHGGGGGHHHH and ive only ever had one job since leaving school that lasted 11 years so its natural to be nervous i guess.
Hey look at me being all rational, i dont know whats come over me?

Anyway enough rambling, thanks again you guys!!!

love Sarah
xx

diana
28-01-04, 18:52
Sarah,

Good for you, you sound great!!!!!!!!!!! Much better than a few days ago. You are doing everything right, just keep up the positive thoughts. Remember too that we are all here for you dear. Take care, keep up the great work. keep us posted on your progression.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

pauline
28-01-04, 19:18
Hi sarah

Just read your post have to fight most days with son's for computer as it is my older son's but both are out tonight:) Just wanted to say that you have helped me loads with your replys and i'm very grateful for that. You might not be that relaxed when you go for the interview because i have been where you are just a few months ago, did not get that job and was very low as i new nerves had got the better of me. But as my friends said i went and that is all that matters the same for you Sarah you are putting yourself out there so of course you will be extra anxious, thats to be expected a normal person would be let alone us anxious people. Well done for even going for the interview. All the best for tomorrow let us know how you get on.

Take care
Pauline

pjpriest

jonny
28-01-04, 19:43
Sarah,

Best of luck kid for tommorrow and i hope you get exactly what you want from it.....u deserve it.

Lottie,

I am afraid while you are living in Derby you will always be at a disadvantage!! Come join the forest boys over in Notts!!!! ;-(
Mind you if the Rams put one over of Sheffield Utd tonight i will be crying helplessly into my vallium!

Jonny

nomorepanic
28-01-04, 20:15
Sarah

Sorry I missed this post mate - I have been working on the website and kind of negelected the message forum whilst I do it (not enough hours in the day are there).

You are doing brilliantly and I expect that this setback is caused by the stress over the interview. I know that you were worried about even applying for a job so now to have an interview is even scarier.

Take the Rescue Remedy and have some before you go in. Take deep breaths and you can do it girl!!

If you suddenly feel unwell then don't freak out, just say calmy "I am really sorry but I have a bit of an upset stomach could I just visit the ladies" or something like that. Go to the loo, recompose yourself and get back in there.

I expect that once you get in the interview you will be fine as you will be selling yourself.

Good luck and fingers crossed for the job.

Don't forget that you have my mobile number and can call me if you need to before you go in.

xxx

Nicola

kate
28-01-04, 21:11
Hiya Sarah,

Just wanted to add my own GOOD LUCK wishes for tomorrow.

Hope it all goes well for you!

Kate x

Meg
28-01-04, 21:35
Go sock it to them Sarah .

You have the talent and the ability- we know it . Make sure they do to.

Good luck !

Meg

Charlotte
29-01-04, 09:16
Sarah,

Just read your post and you sound more positive already. I hope the interview goes well, I am sure it will!!

Best of luck
Charlotte xxx

Lottie32
29-01-04, 12:23
Jonny - and didn't the sheep s**g army do well!

Sarah - good luck with the interview. I would be quaking in my boots, I have worked here for 12 years (although had lots of jobs within the company) I;ve grown up with people here, designed the new offices. Chosen the paint. I don't know how I'd feel if I had to leave.

Congratulate yourself on even getting an interview. I have lots of friends who keep trying for new jobs, and it seems that people are interviewing less and less. Just being interviewed seems to be and achievement these days.

You will be fine. Just remember to breathe, snort your Bach Rememdy, twang your wrist with your rubber band, and BE YOURSELF. How could they fail to offer you the job.

Best of luck

Love

Charlie

sarah
30-01-04, 17:05
Hi Guys

Thanks so much for your support and advice, youve been great.

Well I guess you want to know how the interview went?

Weeeeellllll......
I had a nice relaxing bath in the morning, listened to my relaxation CD. I got myself tarted up in my new suit, did my hair/makeup etc, had a light breakfast and set off in plenty of time.
It was lovely and icy so that set me off in a bit of a tizz but hey, who likes driving in naff weather anyway?

Anyway, I got there, parked in the hospital car park and listened to my CD again, squirted the rescue remedy, worked myself up even more, Got out of the car, walked towards the hospital then my legs went all wobbly so i walked back to the car and sat in it to calm myself down. Drank loads of water and got out again. I fell over on the ice, had a massive panic attack, went back to my car and couldnt calm myself down again.

So the end of the story is that I had to call them from my mobile and tell them I had a personal problem, couldnt make it, apologised profusely and put the phone down quick in case i threw up.
So I guess they think im now an inreliable nutter, so i guess ive burnt my bridges with St Helier Hospital.

Anyway, I managed to get myself home, God knows how, I dont even remember driving now, and spent the rest of the day helping my friend move house. (which got rid of all the adrenaline carrying all the heavy stuff so I felt a lot better and at least I had something to do instead of sitting at home moping at being so daft).

So I guess i failed this time but on a plus point I havent let it put me off (I think)! Ive come to the conclusion that im possibly not ready in my head to get a job - I hardly go out so what on earth made me think I could sit in an interview i dont know.

So im gonna make a real effort to get fit and go out more before I start looking seriously for a job, but in the meantime im going to apply for crappy jobs i dont want to get the practice in for when i see something i do want. Oh and im not gonna tell you guys if ive got an interview cos i feel almost like i let you lot down too!

Anyway Nic, you better be thinking of a forfit as its nearly the end of Jan and I havent got a job...lol

love Sarah
xx

diana
30-01-04, 20:10
Hiya Sarah,,

No worries dear. I guess like you say you just are`nt ready yet, and that is okay. As long as you don`t give up and keep trying to move forward in your recovery. You will know when you are ready, and then it will be the perfect time to interview. Just take your time, keep those positive thoughts flowing. Keep us posted as to how you are doing. Don`t get to down on yourself it happens to all of us, in some degree or another. It is who we are, like it or not!!!! LOL :).

Take care dear,

Diana xxxx

nomorepanic
30-01-04, 20:46
Hi Sarah

Sorry to hear that. I bet you were really disappointed that you panicked. It is so hard to get going again isn't it? You at least went and you tried. So, don't beat yourself up and don't let this set you back ok?

You can do it - just not yet. Like you said, maybe a stress free part-time job would be better for the time being, yeah?

Get out there and just get the confidence back and then decide what to do.

You are a positive person and you can do this ok?

As for the forfeit well I think we can forgive you for that one - lol. It was my incentive to get you out there and I don't want to force you.

You take care ok?

xx

Nicola