PDA

View Full Version : My World With Anxiety

LooksLikeRain
27-10-05, 19:24
My name is Araina. A-R-A-I-N-A... not Ariana
For years, I've battled with manic depression. Throughout middle school, it was often daily that I felt a "numbness" in my chest, but I never knew it could be anxiety.

My family and I moved a lot when I was younger, since my father was in the navy. When I was about 7 years old, my parents divorced. Even after the divorce, my mother, older sister and I continued to move. Any school that I attended, I tried my best to fit in, but it never seemed to work. I was constantly harassed, on school grounds and on the school bus. It continued to happen, lowering and affecting my self-esteem at the same time.

After a few years of moving and mother dating, she found a man who later became my step-father. We've settled down into his town and have been here for about 10 years. Throughout the years, I've struggled to fit in and dealt with a lot of harassing, which resulted in me becoming anti-social. Near the beginning of high school, I was put on the anti-depressant Paxil. After a few months, I was switched to Celexa. After my mother heard of the suicidal warning released by the FDA, she had me withdrawn from it.

During my 4 years of high school, I started a new habit : self-mutilation. When I felt like I was going to "explode" in rage, I would hurt myself. It often calmed me down.

My last year of senior year was when I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
I suffered terrible anxiety after winning myself a boyfriend, but his ex-girlfriend and friend (who used to be my friend) threatened me and turned mostly all our friends against us. I constantly fought with my friend, who know I call an ex-friend over his ex-girlfriend, who was violent and controlling over him. My boyfriend stood by my side through the whole thing.
At the end of the senior year, I was sent to the nurse's office twice in one week while having an anxiety attack. The second time, I was wheel-chaired. After all of this, I was given Lorazapam, which was told to stop my anxiety attacks within 15-30 minutes. Every now and then, I stopped at the nurse's office to take a pill. I was also put on Zoloft for my anxiety and depression.

Now, I'm a freshmen in college and 19 years old. My boyfriend and I have celebrated our 8 month anniversary and we never have to deal with our ex-friends and his psycho ex-girlfriend. My self-mutilation habit has seized about a month after we started dating.

Occasionally, I have the feelings of anxiety, but I release my stress and anger in drawing and song writing. I refuse to be brought down by other people and I will try to prove myself in anything that my way.

By joining this forum, I'm hoping to find support and chat with people who understand how I feel. I'm tired of feeling "numb" and I know I can't talk to my friends about this. I'm relieved to find an anxiety site and I hope to benefit from it.

"We don't have to live in fear no more"
-Araina

trac67
27-10-05, 19:38
Hi Ariana
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some great friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

LooksLikeRain
27-10-05, 19:48
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Ariana
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some great friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

<div align="right">Originally posted by trac67 - 27 October 2005 : 19:38:38</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Thank you so much :)
ehehe, and my name is spelt Araina ^_^'
Don't worry about apologizing, it often happens.

Thank you again *hugs*

We Don't Have To Live In Fear No More

Meg
27-10-05, 20:50
Hi Araina,

So do you think you are truly manic depressive and present as such now ?

Well done for doing so well these last few months - Good to hera you can channel your energy much better now.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

meatybuddy
27-10-05, 21:16
hi ariana

welcome to the site and forums - theres loads of ppl here willing to help and give good advice

best wishes

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just finding it thats the hard part

seh1980
28-10-05, 12:30
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

mazz
28-10-05, 13:34
welcome ariana to the site , ive only been a member a few weeks but honestly its been a life saver to me . hope you find the same luv mazz x

LooksLikeRain
31-10-05, 17:05
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Araina,

So do you think you are truly manic depressive and present as such now ?

Well done for doing so well these last few months - Good to hera you can channel your energy much better now.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 27 October 2005 : 20:50:03</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I think I am truly manic depressive, but I also think my depression has been subsiding a little.

Thank you so very much :)

LooksLikeRain
31-10-05, 17:06
Thank you so much everyone!!!!

reminder :
my name is spelt A-R-A-I-N-A

not Ariana &gt;_&gt;'

jill
31-10-05, 18:09
Hi Araina

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

nomorepanic
31-10-05, 18:19
Hi Araina

I warm welcome about the forum.

Nicola

Peru83
01-11-05, 15:47
welcome

Hi Araina,

Glad to hear that you haven't harmed lately :). Maybe this is the begining of you moving onwards and upwards.

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Sue K with 5
01-11-05, 17:48
Hi Araina

Welcome to NMP! wow what an amazing insight you have into your condition! at 19 I was struggling to deal with a panic attack and I only reallly discovered what Anxiety was in my 20's I just put my isses down to stress and slight madness!

I am so glad you have celebrated your relationship, it sounds like a very strong bond you have and I hope it continues this way for you, it sounds like you deserve happiness and peace of mind and you are working very hard towards this!

Keep chatting and always come in and read the forum, you will never feel alone on here

Take care for now

Sue with 5

scknight

sal
02-11-05, 00:58
Hi Araina
Welcome to the site. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

eeyorelover
02-11-05, 04:34
Hi and Welcome -
I know that you will find a lot of support and a bunch of great information here!!

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

If the world didn't suck... we'd all fall off :)

LooksLikeRain
03-11-05, 19:58
Thank you soooooooooooo much everyone!!! :D I truly feel accepted, for once in my life!!!