PDA

View Full Version : unsupportive partner

Mamfa85
22-09-09, 13:21
I didnt know where to put this i was up at 5am this morning crying i had toothache(wimp i know) and my boyfriend just completly ignored me,all i wanted was a cuddle,he ignores me a lot says theres always something wrong with me,i have some health anxietys after having our baby 5mon ago,am i being selfish?Were happy if im ok,but i feel i cant mention a headache and just suffer quietly,i have two brothers who are very sympathetic to me,am i spoilt?anybody else feel upset that the one they love seems like they dont care x

gypsywomen
22-09-09, 13:28
yes when i first got this i spent 3 months inbed was that bad ,,my husband left me to it didnt even make me cup tea ,,,he said i wascrazy and neede lockin up ,,,if it hadnt been for my daughters i would never got where i am tody ,,so be srtong he is being selfish love margaret:bighug1:

Mamfa85
22-09-09, 13:38
thanks margaret,i love him so much ,but it feels my fault sometimes yet all i want is a few kind words,my daughters although little help me with just love and cuddles,thankyou for replying xx

PanicOver!!
22-09-09, 15:39
Hi Sam

Its not onlt the men that do not understand i have the same with my partner, thank goodness for you guys on here x

Cell block H fan
22-09-09, 16:54
I didnt know where to put this i was up at 5am this morning crying i had toothache(wimp i know) and my boyfriend just completly ignored me,all i wanted was a cuddle,he ignores me a lot says theres always something wrong with me,i have some health anxietys after having our baby 5mon ago,am i being selfish?Were happy if im ok,but i feel i cant mention a headache and just suffer quietly,i have two brothers who are very sympathetic to me,am i spoilt?anybody else feel upset that the one they love seems like they dont care x

My mum is with a very unsupportive boyfriend. Like you said, she also says she has to suffer in silence. Or he starts going on at her. And saying she's always ill. It comes to something if you cant have a headache or a tooth ache without them having a go! She thinks he worries she will get something wrong with her & he will have to look after her. I wonder if he has a touch of health anxiety about her though myself! It might be genuine worry.
I was dating a 10 yrs younger than me guy a few years ago, when I had a particular health anxiety about ovarian or cervical cancer at the time, & he was useless to be honest! But I guess I couldn't blame him really, he was a youngen! lol