PDA

View Full Version : Jitters for no reason when relaxed

sedalia
22-09-09, 15:08
Does anyone else suddenly get an awful jittery feeling suddenly for no reason, without any other classic physical symptoms, palpitations etc. Just sitting at the comp relaxed and out of nowhere I suddenly felt really jittery, as if my mind was going mad...it happened the other night too when I was relaxing in the bath. It's what it does to your mind which I can't deal with. Then it leaves me terrified for the rest of the day, even when the feeling passes. Is this classic panic? Does anyone have any advice please? I know we're supposed to just accept the feeling and go with it but it scares me too much.

PanicOver!!
22-09-09, 15:28
Hi

I know exactly what you mean i am having CBT and they keep asking me what is the trigger but i really dont know it seems to come from nowhere its as if i catch myself not worrying about anything and panic that i should be (if that makes sense) x

keleb0709
23-09-09, 08:25
I get it. Anxiety doesn't come only when called on unfortunately. Your body will remain in ready mode all the time as that is how you have taught it. It can take the smallest things to start it off such as changes in temperature, sound etc. Don't let it bother you, in time you will reduce your sensitivity and it won't be a problem :)

cymraig_chris
23-09-09, 08:42
Post removed by author

Bill
24-09-09, 04:37
After experiencing our first panic attack, it really frightens us and the fear it generates and leaves in place causes us, (without realising it), to be on a constant look out for another panic attack because we've become so afraid of them.

It leaves us in a jittery mood expecting the symptoms to surface at any time, anywhere, and this nervous jittery mood can be enough in itself to frighten us because we can become aware of our "nerves" when we think we're relaxing because the mind isn't being occupied by anything else.

It's rather like finding a spider in a cupboard. We become afraid to open any cupboard doors because we "fear" we'll find another one. We then become nervous, always expecting to find one and those nerves will surface when our minds aren't being occupied because the experience of finding one frightened us so much.

As with all panics and even spiders! it's learning not to fear them "before" they occur so that you no longer "worry" about them occurring. It's convincing yourself that you have nothing to fear that is key because a panic never causes any harm. They are a "natural reaction" to too much stress and feeling trapped by stress.

Panics will often subside when the underlying causes of the stress are dealt with but we can keep panics alive ourselves if we keep being afraid of them. After the first panic occurs, we often create our own panics through panicking about them but they will often leave us alone if we leave them alone.

For instance, think about blinking.:scared15: Can you work out when to blink and how often?:wacko: The more you think about blinking, the more it becomes a problem because it's something "natural" that we do without thinking about it. We have to learn to treat panics in the same way- that they are natural so we shouldn't be afraid of them because if we do keep thinking about them, they'll always be a problem.:hugs:

Rod
24-09-09, 08:04
The awfull jittery feeling you describe is common to everyone. It can come out of the blue for no apparent reason. My partner gets them too and she doesnt suffer from anxiety or panic. The difference is that those who suffer panic and anxiety like myself add to it with more fear and worry. Non Sufferers recognise it then move on. Its the difference between our highly sensitised bodies and minds and theirs.
At the end of the day it doesnt matter where it came from or what caused it, we need to try to not add the second fear to it or over annalyze it. Accepting is not easy though.