PDA

View Full Version : Dr J has cancelled!!

ElizabethJane
22-09-09, 15:21
I feel so let down. I was supposed to have an appointment with my psychiatrist this afternoon but his secretary has called to cancel. I know I'm struggling at the moment. My Dad had two trips to casualty last week one because he had had a fall the next time was to have a heart trace done. His latest accidents ha acted as a trigger for feelings in my past. Recently my psychiatric appointments have tried to get me to focus in the present. I have been looking at old photographs and this has triggered some anxiety and the relationships I had with both of my parents. My Mum died twenty years ago. It is easy to slip into depression again and I've been thinking about slipping away and nobody noticing. I'm not sure what I mean by that statement. I have felt under a lot of stress recently and I know that stress can do funny things to us and alter our perceptions of events. I've just been feeling really sorry for myself and low. I know that others will recognise those feelings.

PanicOver!!
22-09-09, 15:34
Hi

Dont really know what to say other than you are not alone
Im sure we have all felt that way from time to time, even people that have never suffered anxiety or depression still have "down times" It is normal when things are tough, im sure you will get through this so please never give up hope x

Coni
22-09-09, 21:26
Hi Elizabeth Jane, its horrible when you an appointment is cancelled at the last minute, especially when youve had a rough time and really feel you need it.

Its good that you come on here and post about how you are feeling....do you have anyone you can talk to at home?

Hopefully you'll be sent another appointment fairly soon.

Take care

Coni XX

Maj
22-09-09, 21:40
Yes, it's really disappointing that the appointment was cancelled. Pity there wasn't someone else you could have spoken to. In the psychiatric profession I think this is quite unacceptable given how people may be feeling. You seem very depleted at the moment but you will feel better again. Your spirits will lift given help and time. You sound like you've had a rough time recently and it's bound to take it's toll. Don't despair. My thoughts are with you. Take care.
Myra x

sue.b
22-09-09, 21:43
Hi Elizabeth Jane

Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time of it at the moment.

My first ever appointment with my psychiatrist (13 years ago) was cancelled.

I had spent 12 weeks not knowing what was wrong with me, thinking i was going mad, took all my courage to go to the hospital, turned up a shaking wreck only to be told i had missed my appointment!!! I had got the time wrong :blush: . Brain was extremely foggy at that time.

I too felt let down that the psychiatrist couldn't fit me in for another week.
All that week i felt anxious, annoyed, had to happen to me etc,
but when i did get to meet him he was such a nice person, he couldn't apologise enough about the mix up (even though it was my fault). He has helped me immensley both then and again now. I guess i am trying to say don't let it effect you too much.

You are not alone, you will get through this rough patch. If you want to pm me please do. Try to keep positive.

Take care

Sue xxx :bighug1:

ElizabethJane
22-09-09, 22:01
thanks for all your replies. I know that part of what I'm feeling is irrational but I can't help it. I told Dr Js secretary that I was struggling at the moment and he will see me on Friday morning. I just hope that he does not want to prescribe more drugs as I am on loads already. I just dont seem to have many resources when the going gets tough. Thanks all the same it means a lot to me.