PDA

View Full Version : Feeling of guilt..

Thorny
22-09-09, 16:15
Hi all,

I’m currently signed off work after struggling again with a reoccurrence of the anxiety problems that have haunted me for some years now.

Despite trying so hard to get into work, I have been met with panic attacks on most days. Last Monday, I ended up, head in hands, sat in Norwich Cathedral in floods of tears. Not very manly, but I felt so bad it was awful.

Anyway, my GP signed me off work to allow me to regain some strength and get some more CBT therapy sorted.

Since then I have felt so guilty about doing the slighted thing because i am 'off work' including going to the shop, speaking to friend’s e.c.t.
Out walking, I have felt a bit like a convicted criminal, just waiting for the sirens and police to come & find me!

I’m getting better, but it has taken such along time for my mind to accept that I have been signed off for a legitimate reason, I am not mucking anyone about, and I am doing all I can to resolve the issues facing me.

Does anyone relate to this guilt feeling either now or in the past?

Take Care

Matt

Anxious_gal
24-09-09, 01:50
aw don't feel guilty, just think of anxiety as a real problem like having the flu expect anxiety is much harder to fight off.
maybe your worried of what people think of you? or your family has low opinions on people who don't work.
just give your self a break and take care of your self, you deserve some time to relax and have fun