PDA

View Full Version : Chest yet again, tight feeling in left arm!

debs180
22-09-09, 19:17
As a few might recall had some weird chest sensations, went to GP yesterday and reassured me its not my heart, came back very relived.
This morning, about after being up for 10 mins, i had 2 sharp pains, only way to describe is like lightening bolts, go from the centre of chest between breast bone up my chest then along to the left and into my shoulder, both pains were 1 after the other and lasted seconds if that, it did make me hold my chest for awhile, paniced slightly, but tried to 4get it.
As the day has gone on i have a tight feeling at the top of my left arm, almost like im wearing one of those blood pressure bands, and quite a achey left shoulder, of course now all this is happening on the left im becoming very anxious about my heart again.
I just wondered if anyone had experianced any of these feelings, cuz im getting scared again. Thank you, Debs xx

PanicOver!!
22-09-09, 19:23
Hi Debs

That bloody left arm!!! bet if it was on the right you wouldnt even notice
I had a similar problem where i had pins and needles down my left arm and an aching left sholder like you i was convinced it was my heart, went to gp and finally had an ECG when that came back good the pins and needles and ache were diagnosed as a nerve in my neck they went away but then i noticed a bloated feeling so obviously i now have stomach cancer (in my mind anyway) powerful thing the mind

sure you will be fine just try and find something to take your mind off it (easier said then done) x

debs180
22-09-09, 20:20
Hey Marc,
As always thank you 4 replying, i am abit calmer now!!! Been doing maths homework with my daughter, always a good distraction, lol!! My shoulder is still aching, just hoping i dont get any more pains, if it does continue then i will visit the doctor again. And yeah if it was my right arm i wouldn't be worried!!
I suffer with my tummy also, i've now beeen told i got IBS, had this for roughly 10 months, the bloating is the worse for me, but since problems with my chest as occured im not interested as much in my tummy issues now, give it time i will be posting about that next!! lol.
Thanks again Marc, take care,
Debs xx

PanicOver!!
22-09-09, 20:22
anytime debs x